Caspian bit back a chuckle at Edyn's description of Chip. "Yes, that's Chip. You've spoken?"

"It... wasn't exactly a planned interaction- but I assume that wherever he is, Gillion shouldn't be far. Do you have a means of contacting him?"

Caspian mentally kicked himself for calling Edyn in the first place, now being left without an easy way of getting in contact with Chip.

Being left with a moment's silence, Edyn took Caspian's lack of response as a negative of her query.

"It's alright, I can call the shell that Gillion uses, I'm assuming if he doesn't pick it up then one of his companions will. I will try to give you some kind of update as soon as I'm able to..."

"That's fine, Edyn. He is your brother, I'd rather you know his whereabouts before me anyway. I will await your call."

"Thank you, Caspian... I'll speak to you soon."

Click.

The connection ended between the two, leaving an anxious Edyn alone. Taking a shaky breath, she calmed her nerves the best she could. She had spoken to Chip a day ago. They were fine. Chip didn't seem alarmed other than what he accidentally came across when scrying on Edyn. She would call the shell, and if Gillion didn't answer, then Chip or Jay would. And they would tell her that Gillion is fine. That he's just busy, or maybe off doing something separate from the other two, that he was on his way back.

Edyn called the shell that she typically spoke to Gillion on.

There were moments of silence before...

"Hello?"

"Gi- Oh. Chip... Hello, it's Edyn. I-"

"Look, it's not a great time, Edyn, we're busy and- fuck-! Jay get it away from me! Edyn, look if this is about a few hours ago I-"

Edyn cut off Chip's rambling, finding it hard to listen to over the noise in the background as well as a faint strange noise of what she heard as 'hee hoo'. It was an unnerving noise, especially amidst such chaos. "Chip, I don't know what you're talking about... The last time we spoke was yesterday-"

"Huh... time does work differently here-"

"... What do you mean?"

"Nothing! Hah- nothing I uh- No I was just... Nothing. Anyway- Uh- I'm running right now but I'm all ears, what's up?"

"Why are you- never mind. It's about Gillion... Caspian called me a minute ago worried as he hasn't heard anything from him for a few days... Is everything alright? Can I speak to him?"

Edyn heard the muffled chain of curses that left Chip, of course, these were interrupted by pants from his apparent running away. This reaction only filled Edyn with more anxiety than before.

Gillion was supposed to be kept safe when he was with his friends. He had told her that these were the two that kept him safe, that looked out for him...

So then where the fuck was her baby brother, and why was Chip taking so long to get him on the shell?

"L-Look Edyn, I-"

"Where are you." The triton's voice did not disguise the rising anger that was starting to replace her anxiety. She would not let Gillion come to harm alone, not again. Never again.

"E-Edyn, you can't-" Edyn felt herself become more and more frustrated at Chip's assistance with the impossibility of her getting to wherever he and Jay were.

Did Chip think she was incompetent?

"Chip. I do pride myself on being as polite as possible. Please do not interpret my manners as a lack of will."