Chapter 10

"Stab my back, no chance to heal at all, oh, whoa, oh." ~Corbyn Besson, How Do you Love Somebody

April, May.

2 months and... the boys have planned another tour, with different tour dates. It's really fucking exciting, and I'm so happy for the boys. They've also released Just Friends. Max is doing amazing, and Daniel keeps ranting about her as if I weren't her best friend.

As of now, Corbyn's sprawled on the floor, with Bean on his chest, as we watch a movie.

"Izzyyyy," he groans loudly. "What is this movie?"

"Oh come on," I sigh, playing with his hand in the air. "I thought you wanted to watch this? You suggested it."

"I know," Corbyn moans. "But it's so much more boring than I thought."

We were watching Jurassic World: Dominion, which wasn't even on tv, but Corbyn had rented it for 48 hours because he could.

It's quiet for a bit before Corbs breaks the half-silence again. "Izzy?"

"Yeah, what's up, Corby Worby?"

He huffs, kissing my hand. "Izzy, I was thinking..."

I roll off the couch next to him, hand under my head propped up, and the other on Bean. I smile and blink up at his eyelined eyes. They crinkle at me as he smiles back.

"What were you thinking, hmm?" I say softly, looking back down at Bean. The little rottweiler-mix barks, yipping at my hand.

He gulps, eyes rolling to the ceiling. "Baby..." his breath hitches. "You've been spacing out a lot lately you know? And.. and... I guess I have too sometimes, but you're not really... there?" Corbyn looks down at me, chewing on his lip. "And... I love you so fucking much, Izzy. It's just that. Fucking..."

"Corbs..." my hand halts over Bean, looking at Corbs when he looks down at me.

He sits up a bit, and so do I. We're facing each other now. He gives me an emotion-filled look. "I think we should break up," he rushes out.

Loud screams echo from the tv, making me jump away. I stare at the flashing screen, unmoving. Corbyn doesn't say anything either, just sits with Bean on his lap.

The movie ends.

I stand up to... the room that's green, and start shoving my things in a suitcase.

"Izzy, what are you doing?" Corbyn asks quietly.

"I'm fucking packing, Corbyn!" I throw him a glare, zipping up my bag. "I knew I shouldn't have tried my chance a year ago. Goddamnit." I swipe at a tear, glancing up at Corbyn as I push my way out of the room. I go to his room too, getting my clothes out of his closet, and he follows me.

"Izzy, Izzy, I'm sorry. We can think about it okay? We can take just a small break for now," Corbyn pleads.

"Corbyn, it's either together or not! Not a break here, a break there! I tried that with him. And he ended up cheating on me, Corbyn! This is why I don't fucking trust men! Fuck you!" I storm out of his room, grabbing my keys, but Bean's at the door.

"Hey there, little Bean. I need to go, alright? I love you." I open the door, glancing at a teary Corbyn. "Bye Corbyn Besson."

~

"Izzy, why are you crying?" Nix asks, closing the door behind me.

"Corbyn broke up with me, I don't have an apartment anymore since Hailey died! But I mean, what did I expect! He's fucking Corbyn Besson for god's sake!" I lay on the couch, groaning.