𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

«𝕹𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚, 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖞𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖙, 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖆𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙, 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚...»
~𝖀𝖓𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖓

HASHIM

"I can't believe you asked Omer to dig into Inayah's personal matters." Ezra barged in my house but I ignored her and kept on with my breakfast.

I knew Omer and her were close but
I didn't know they were close enough for her to find out I asked him to find out everything about her friend.

"I suppose you came here to check on Aylin after last night. She's upstairs in her room, still sleeping soundly."

"Stop it Hashim. Please. I can't keep living with your paranoia anymore. You're going too far."

I eyed her for a second before taking a sip of my coffee while she took a seat at the table, her eyes throwing daggers at me. Thankfully she was my sister and I couldn't do anything to her but she was taking her privilege to glare at me for granted.

"I'm not being paranoid. She just pisses me off every single time we meet."

"Maybe she does but so do you. I hope you're happy now that you found nothing suspicious about her. I don't understand how can you both hate each other for no valid reason at all. This is absurd but at the same time it is," I could sense the hint of amusement in her voice and I lifted my eyes only to find her smirking, "it is also adorably entertaining."

Entertaining? My sister was definitely out of her mind today, more than the usual.

"I don't know exactly what you find entertaining between me and her, Ezra."

"Literally everything. You both don't even know each other much and you already hate each other. It is stupid, of course, but even if you don't want to admit it, Hashim, Inayah is the
first woman who hurt your ego that much and you can't even do anything about it." She laughed as if this was indeed hilarious to her.

I rolled my eyes at her. She?was indeed crazy.

"Inayah El Masry. Twenty-three. Bachelor in pharmaceutical studies. Born in Palestine but her parents moved to Germany when she was two and she has a younger brother, Zain, who is four years younger than her. No connection to Karl Fischer or anyone. She's completely clean and harmless." Omer
said, handing the file over to me.

I shuffled through the pages and indeed he was right. Inayah was clean and probably really unaware of the dark side of Germany. She was only five years younger than me yet it seemed as if she
already made her mind to ruin my whole life.

"This still does not convince me to trust her, Omer. I don't like her and this is it. I need you to keep an eye on her and Ezra. I don't want her to get any closer to her or Aylin other than she already is."

"Okay but seriously though, you are not jealous because Aylin is getting really attached her since the very first day she met her, are you?" Ezra's voice broke through my thoughts, annoying me even more.

"I don't see where you're going, crazy girl." I muttered, not looking at her.

"Hashim I know you don't want to lose Aylin and I know what she means to you but no matter how hard you try to be a great parent; Aylin will always feel the lack of maternal love and affection." My eyes zeroed on Ezra and a small smile appeared on her face.