Behind in School, Sherlock Holmes, and Unexpected Love

Enid and Wednesday returned from their trip to New York to find themselves behind everyone else in the school. The two were bright, but the amount they needed to complete was unbelievable, almost intentional. They got to work the last two days and barely spoke to each other, having their heads in a book. They couldn't even work together as they were given different assignments. "This is bullshit," Enid said, throwing her stuff everywhere and crying in her arms.

Wednesday went up to her and didn't say a word; she held her in her arms till she was ready to talk.

"We leave for two days and come back to hell on earth."

"I'm sorry, Enid. I wouldn't have done it if I knew it would cause you to be in pain," Wednesday said, looking at Enid while wiping a tear down her cheek.

"Don't do that, Weens. I had the best time."

Wednesday walked back to her side of the room and looked as Enid picked up her books. Then, she had an idea and ran out of the room.

"Where are you going: Enid said, looking at her roommate, who was already gone.

Wednesday walked down the halls into the boys' wing stopping in front of a bee sticker on the door, not knocking before entering and catching Eugene and her brother making out.

They stop and look at her.

"Wednesday, it's um."

"I knew you were gay since you were born to drop the act."

"what do you need Wednesday," Eugene asked.

"I need your guys' help?"

"What do you need?" Pugsley said, standing up

"Enid is having a hard time trying to catch up, and I find it weird that we both got different assignments but have the same classes. Can you forgive out if someone is fucking with us or what the hell is going on?"

The two boys nodded and became ready to be sherlock homes and Watson but gayer.

*

"Did you have to put on the trench coat?" Pugsley said, smiling as his boyfriend.

"Don't lie; I look hot in this"

"that you do."

"Look, we could compliment each other all day, but Wednesday asked us to do this, which means it's important."

"anything involving Enid is life or death to Wednesday."

The boys walked into the girl's class while no one was there and looked everywhere for evidence of why the two got different things to do. They opened the draw, and it had only one homework assignment. They looked everywhere and couldn't find anything.

They saw a note on the desk about a student teacher's assistant, and they both looked at each other and nodded.

The boys ran to the girl wing and knocked on the door.

"what do you want, bee boy and Wednesday want to be."

"that's not nice," Eugene said, walking in.

"what do u want."

"Yoko, are you the teacher's aide?" Pugsley asked

"I was before that bitch took my spot."

"what bitch?" Eugene asked

"Ava, I don't know why Professor Saltzman did it. I was always the teacher's assistant; this new one came in a few days ago and made her whatever. So why do you care."

"no reason, thanks."

*

Enid and Wednesday are about finished with their work when they get two knocks on the door.