ꕥ Chapter Ⅺ ꕥ

"THE SKY PEOPLE HAVE KILLED ONE OF OUR TULKUN PEOPLE! THIS WAR HAS COME TO US!  WE HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE HUNTING OF THE TULKUN BUT NOW THEY HUNT OUR OWN! WE METKAYINA WILL FIGHT BACK" Tonowari shouted to the crowd beyond as echos and shouts of agreement were heard loud and clear.

Fuck grief, she could grieve later...right now all that Tulua felt was rage. The sky people will feel her wrath, they will feel the grief she has felt when she kills them mercilessly. Gripping onto her spear tight she lifted it into the air along with the other Metkayina as a sign of rage for the upcoming war. 

"you gotta understand what the sky people think! they dont care about the great balance" Jake tried warning them "LISTEN!LISTEN TO HIM" Neteyam supported his father trying to get people to listen to what they had to say. "THE SKY PEOPLE ARENT GONNA STOP! THIS IS JUST THE BEGGINING! you got to tell your Tulkun to leave, you gotta tell them to go far away!" Jake announced once again trying to reason with the Metkayina.

"LEAVE!? AFTER ALL THEY HAVE DONE TO US!" Tulua could not stay silent any longer, it was war they wanted, and they will give it to them. "Shh sister" Ateroe held her back to which she let out a sigh and went back to her original position. If it weren't for Atan and Zavii who were watching her, she would have acted blindly on rage alone.

"YOU HAVE LIVED AMONGST OUR PEOPLE AND YET YOU LEARN NOTHING OF OUR WAYS" Ronal came to support Tulua, If they wanted war then so be it was all Ronal could think of. "WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS" A warrior spoke up to which the crowd cheered. 

"no no no no no" Jake cajoled "IF YOU FIGHT, THEY WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE" Jake pleaded once again. Everyone started shouting at each other "YOU HEAR ME! YOU HEAR ME!" Jake was now aggravated, "Stay calm, Stay calm" Neteyam pleaded with the metkayina who surrounded them. "Listen to my father, he speaks the truth" Neteyam tried reasoning with the people along with jake but however to no avail. 

This however angered Tulua more, she wanted no- needed a war but he did not. Tulua was about to argue again but she felt a slight tug on her leg only to find Atan and Zavii cowering in fear at the shouting and anger. No matter what emotions she had, she knew her brothers came first. Blood shed was thick however her family's blood was her priority. 

Jake suddenly got to higher ground and showed everyone the red tracker found on Soras dead body. The metkayina grew silent however Tulua still felt her rage boil her blood. "You tell the Tulkun that if they get hit by one of these they get marked for death" Jake proceeded to show everyone the tracker whilst looking at Tonowari and Ronal with pleading eyes, his eyes slowly drifting to meet Tuluas as well. 

"Saving their lives, that's all that matters" Jake sully spoke the truth, no more lives should be lost...no more..."Saving your family..." He spoke once again. Tulua looked at her two little brothers, she would kill anyone who hurt them and then kill herself if anything happened to the. She then looked at Ateroe who was already looking at her. The two siblings knew they were thinking the same thing and they knew that what Jake sully spoke was the truth. 

Ronal looked towards Tulua asking what she thought, and the girl hesitated for a moment before nodding her head in agreement with jake sully "He speaks the truth Tsahik" Tulua nodded once again. It was as if in that very moment that everyone thought of the same, the people shared one heart and one soul with once word in mind and that being "Family." 

"Warn the Tulkun, GO" Tonowari roared, people immediacy dove down on their ilus to warn the Tulkun. Tulua caught a glimpse of of Lo'ak rushing away and caught herself sharing a knowing look with Neteyam.

As she was about to follow after him Ateroe stopped her by holding her wrist. "Where are you going?" He asked the girl with a glare as if knowing what she was going to do yet trying to stop her anyway. "I'm following Lo'ak, Take Atan and Zavii to safety and join me" Tulua shook his hand off her wrist while placing her other on his cheek and kissing Atan and Zavii's foreheads before following Lo'ak. 

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

"You gotta keep your skxawng ass here" Neteyam's words going in one ear and out the other to Lo'ak. "Hes an outcast! There's nobody to warn him but me" Lo'ak argued back. "Lo'ak you're going to get in trouble" Tulua warned him from Neteyam's side. "Go ahead and take his like ALWAYS" Lo'ak cried out looking Tulua right in her startled wide eyes. "Lo'ak this isn't about sides this is about life and death" Tulua tried grabbing his arms only to be pushed back harshly lucky for her Neteyam caught her and held her to his chest.  

"I'm tired of pretending that the girl i love might love me back when truth be told she loves my brother" Lo'aks eyes held back tears as he didn't want to cry in front of them...in front of her.  "Lo'ak i-" Tulua didn't know how to respond to Lo'aks sudden confession, she didn't want to hurt him but she what he spoke of was the truth, she did have feelings for Neteyam or what she thinks is love for him.

"Why'd you always have to make things so hard bro" Neteyam chuckles but his tone of voice was serious as he makes his way to lo'ak and places his hand on his baby bros head. "No...You mean why cant i be the perfect son like you, WELL IM NOT YOU OKAY!" Lo'ak flicked Neteyams hand off him as Neteyam just barged his teeth in frustration. "Hes my brother, Im going" Lo'ak looked into both Tulua and Neteyams eyes before turning around. "oh HES your brother, no IM your Brother" Neteyam growls whilst holding onto loaks bicep in a tight hold.

It was at that moment that Ao'nung, Rotxo, Ateroe and Tsireya showed up. "Lo'ak" Tulua tried stopping him but it was no use "Get off me" he shook Neteyam off him violently once again and proceeded to dive into the water. 'That little bit-' was all Tulua could think of before they dove off after him. If only Lo'ak could turn back time...he would have stopped this moment from happening to avoid the inevitable perils of the future.