26. Crave His Touch

Start from the beginning

"You could turn me." Aemond suggested.

"Aemond you dont know what yure asking." Beka corrected.

"I have been in love with you since the day I met you. I want you forever." He assured pulling her closer

"Forever is a long time."

"I want to love you always and forever." Aemond declared and Bekas face pinched. "You hate it when I say that." Aemond realized.

"Always and forever was something my siblings and I said. We made a vow to be there for each other always and forever." Beka remarked as her legs draped over his. "It was... speical but now it hurts." Beka admitted.

"Forever and always?" Aemond offered.

"I will love you forever and always." Beka agreed.

"Turn me then and we can be."

+

''Syrax brought a fresh clutch three eggs three eggs!'' Daemon exclaimed "place them in a North facing warming circle.' Daemon instructed

''At once my prince." They took the eggs from Daemon. "the maester brought this.... just arrived from the lady Baela on driftmark.' Daemon took the scroll as the two men walked away Daemon read it over slowly.

+

''The Conqueror and his sisters sailed with a great army.'' Jace repeated

''Se Blakuata Rasho dranot vilinio viartis." Maester Gerardys told him in high valayian. Jace let out a sigh as he tried to remember the right translation.

''And landed at the Blackwater Rush." Jace told him

"Dranot." He corrected and Jace's face pinched

'Dranot, Dranot, Dranot.'' He repeated again and again.

''At the end?'' Gerardys urged. Jace closed his eyes as he paced.

''The mouth.'' Rhaenyra told him as she walked forward.

''Mouth!'' he declared a moment too late. 

"Ah, come on, Jace, you knew that."

" Dranot, dranot, dranot vilinio viartis. Dranot, dranot." He repeated again

''Come on, Jace. Perhaps that's enough for this morning." Rhaenyra suggested.

''No, no. I-I want to keep going.'' Jace assured. ''Maester.'' He begged

''Guesi misenakson Aegon undas.'' Gerardys went on

''Aegon... ordered that the trees should be..." Jace pursed his lips in concentration ''...killed.''

''Felled.' Rhaenyra corrected

''It is a related word.' Jace offered hopefully.

''I don't expect you to learn High Valyrian in a day, Jace.'' Rhaenyra reminded him

''A king should honor the traditions of his forbears.'' Jace reminded her.

''Well... unless you're planning to depose your own mother, you have plenty of time to study.'' Rhaenyra reminded him and Jace nodded as the door opened. "Leave us." Rhaenyra told them all as Daemon came in.

''Joffrey... come.'' Jace said extending a hand for him.

''He means to call into question Luke's legitimacy. And by extension Jace, and by extension my own claim to the throne''. Rhaenyra remarked appalled as Daemon passed off the scroll.

" Vaemond cares only about Driftmark and the Velaryon line. Not about our politics. Has he made common cause with Otto High tower yet?" Rhaenyra went on and Daemon tilted his head from side to side in contemplation.

''Hm, this is what I fear. Rhaenys has flown to court.'' Daemon agreed

''Surely, she cannot be planning to back him.''

''No. Whatever disagreements we may have had, she's not cruel... or stupid enough to do that.'' Daemon agreed

''Disagreements?''

''She believes we had her son killed so that we might marry.'' Daemon reminded her and Rhaenyra rolled her eyes. 

''Yes... and yet, she's taken Baela to ward.'' Rhaenyra reminded him

''Yes. It is Laena's memory she honors. She has no love for us.'' Daemon reminded her.  ''Has the vipers' venom spread so far?''

''Those vipers rule in my father's name. And my father..." Rhaenyra sighed.  ''What choice do I have?''

''To King's Landing, then.'' Daemon agreed