14. Dragon in a Bowtie

Daemon had met two of her siblings and Beka considered that a victory. Daemon was ready for some wonderful sex after that dinner but Beka pulled away from him looking to a little girl with silver hair. 

"Hi." 

"Hello sweetie," beka coed. 

"I'm Davina, What's your name?" little Davina asked. 

"Dav, what are you doing over here?" Daemon questioned picking her up. 

"Wandering." Davina answered. "I mean, not wandering, I was looking for you." 

"Sure you were Trouble." Daemon agreed. 

"She's adorable." Beka declared. 

"Thanks." Davina answered smiling a big toothy smile at Beka. 

"How old are you Davina?" Beka questioned. 

"I'm five. But I'm going to be six soon." Davina answered. 

"You just had a name day." Daemon corrected. 

"Yeah but... like... its coming." Davina offered. 

"Always looking ahead, I like it." Beka declared fondly. "Is she your...?" Beka began hesitantly. She knew davina wasnt a sister but a daughter perhaps? Seemed the right age for it. Beka looked to Daemon as Davina tipped her head into Daemon's shoulder. 

"Who is she? She's pretty." Davina whispered to Daemon. 

"She is pretty." Daemon agreed. "Dav, this is Beka. Beka this is my cousin Davina." Daemon properly introduced. 

"Cousin." Beka said with a sigh of relief. 

"I would tell you if I had a secret child." Daemon offered. 

"But then it wouldnt be a secret." Davina corrected. 

"She has a point." Beka agreed. 

"But you can tell me secrets." Davina assured "I only tell Fury and he doesnt talk to others, but maybe the other dragons are more talkative to people... I dont know." Davina remarked. 

"You telling Fury all my secrets?" Daemon mused. 

"Well of course." Davina agreed as though it was obvious that a secret didnt involve a no telling her dragon clause. 

"Of Course Daemon." Beka agreed trying to hide her laughter.

"Dae can we play?" Davina questioned hopefully. 

"It's so late." Daemon corrected forcing a yawn. 

"But I want to check on my baby!" Davina corrected. 

"I'm surprised he's not with you right now." Daemon countered. 

"He's a baby, he needs sleep but I need to get him before bed anyways." Davina informed him factually. 

"Her baby?" Beka countered. 

"Her dragon." Daemon clarified. "Davina sleeps with him, they are connected at the hip." 

"You will love him!" Davina decided. "He wants to play with Caraxes, I know it Dae!" Davina pouted up at him. 

"Alright." Daemon agreed as Davina jumped down from his arms. She reached out grabbing Bekas hand. 

"He's my baby and I love him so much. Do you have a dragon Beka?" Davina questioned as they moved. 

"No..." Beka corrected. "I'm not a Targaryen."

"Not yet." Daemon added, Beka smiled back at him. 

"You could claim one, oh Daemon! Idea!" Davina shouted jumping up. "We get Beka a dragon!" 

"We could." Daemon agreed. 

"Seriously?" Beka countered. 

"You dont have to be a Targaryen to claim a dragon." Daemon informed her. 

"You could get Silverwing! If Fury wasnt so awesome I would claim silver wing, shes supposed to be so beautiful." Davina declared dramatically. "We could go look anyways right Dae? Fury's too little to ride." 

"Sure Trouble." Daemon agreed. Beka loved how sweet Daemon was with his little cousin. He picked her up putting her on his shoulders. 

 "Davina... Is Daemon your friend?" 

"He's great." Davina agreed. "He's my best friend after Fury. You could be my best friend too." Davina offered and Beka had never known someone so sweet. 

"I would like that." Beka agreed. 

Davina ran around the pits talking to the dragons as Fury flew around her squawking. Daemon chuckled leaning back against the cave wall. 

"You are really great with her." Beka remarked. 

"She's easy to love." Daemon corrected. 

"Do you want kids?" Beka questioned softly. 

"I want kids with you." Daemon agreed as he pulled her closer. He leaned in to kiss Beka when Davina screamed out. They both jumped to attention but davina came running out holding up a dragon egg. 

"BABY DRAGONS!" Davina screamed out holding the egg high. 

"She has always loved dragons." Daemon remarked as Davina handed the egg to Beka. She felt the warmth under her fingers, it was magical. 

"I can see why." Beka agreed. 

"Does this mean we can get you a dragon?" Davina questioned jumping up and down. 

"Consider it an early wedding present." Daemon offered. 

"Are you getting married?" Davina questioned as Fury landed on her shoulder. "Can I come? What am I going to wear? What will Fury wear?" 

"You going to dress up your dragon?" Daemon countered. 

"Yes." Davina agreed. "I'm going to put a bowtie on him." 

"Dragon in a bowtie, that will be quite the sight to see." Beka remarked. 

"Davina love, its a secret." Daemon added. 

"The bowtie? You dont want people to know that Fury is going to look so cute in a bowtie?" Davina countered confused. "Because when I ask the seamstress to make a bowtie shes going to think I have a secret boyfriend." Beka laughed out, as Davina was very serious. 

"The wedding, trouble." Daemon corrected. 

"Oh... so I can tell mother I'm putting a bowtie on Fury."