Chapter 1: The first greeting

Zenitsu's pov:

It was a normal new school day, of course because i have to make sure everyone is under dress code. So far everybody was ok, well except for Inosuke but then i saw a dude with hanafuda earrings. "Um excuse me, sir!" I said. He looks at me. "Yes?" He asks. "Damn.. he's beautiful... Wait what- what am I thinking?? Im not gay!.. or am I?." I thought to myself.

"Um hello?" He said. "Ah yes!! Sorry! Um Im sorry but the school doesn't allow earrings. It's against dress code." I reply. "Oh these are a gift from my grandfather before he died so i was wondering if i could leave them on.." He says. I felt bad for him. "I don't care if you leave them on but you must hide them so Mr. Tomioka doesn't see them!" I say. "Thank you. Im Tanjiro Kamado" Tanjiro says.

"Nice to meet you Im Zenitsu Agatsuma" I say. We shook hands. "Hey um if we have the same lunch period, would you like to have lunch with me?" Tanjiro asks. "Yea sure" he walks inside the school "his voice is so soothing.. and his heartbeat its just so perfect. He's perfect..." i say by accident. "Wow Zenitsu never knew you were they gay type" A voice says behind me. "A-AOI!! HI! W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!" I say, my face going red.

"Um going to school" she replies. "R-right school.." "so you like the new guy aye? I heard his family are the ones who have the new bakery down town" she says. "Really?" I ask. "Yea he has 2 sisters and 3 brothers.. if you two do the devils tango you might have ten kids-" Aoi says. My face froze and turned a dark red. "AOI!!! HUSH UP ALREADY!!!" I yell.

At lunch

I see tanjiro sitting down with inosuke ugh that pig. "Hey guys" i say. "Hey Monitsu!! Give me your food"inosuke says. "no back off dude" i shout at him. "ughhh" "hello Zenitsu" Tanjiro says. I then hear my heartbeat start to speed up. "H-hey Tanjiro!" I stutter. He then pulls me down gently making me sit next to him. A few seconds later Aoi and kanao come over. "Hey Zenitsu and Inosuke is this the new kid?" Aoi says.

"Yea this is monjiro!!" Inosuke says. "Its Tanjiro you stupid boar-" I say correcting Inosuke. Tanjiro grabs my hand. "Please dont be mean to each other" he begs. I turned red he was so polite and he grabbed my hand. HE TOUCHED MY HAND!!! I was red and everyone could see it. "A-are you ok Zenitsu?." A calm voice said, it was Kanao. "Y-YEA IM FINE" i yelled. I didnt mean to yell so i covered my mouth and bashed my head on the table. "STUPID STUPID STUPID" i thought.

"Ummm is he okay?" Tanjiro asks. "Yea he does this when he's embarrassed" Aoi remarks. Tanjiro pulls me towards him, making my head lay on his shoulder. He laid his head on mine and closed his eyes. He had fallen asleep. "Dang monitsu looks like you've found yourself a mate-" inosuke says. "SHHH SHUT UP!!" I whisper yell. Then the bell rung.

Ding dong!!

I looked up at tanjiro and he did not budge. He had been sound asleep. When aoi and them left it was just me and tanjiro. All alone... I wanted this to never end but of course we had to get to our classes. Stupid classes- but i tried different things and he would not wake up.. it kinda scared me but he was breathing so that was a good sign.

After 30 minutes of me trying to wake him he finally awoke. "Mmm.." he groans. He looks at me looks at the table then back at me in a flash. "Im sorry!! I didn't mean to! I just got tired and-" "its fine Tanji" i interrupted. "Tanji?" He asks. I turned pink. "I-uh sorry! It just slipped out!" I apologize. "I like it, Zeni" he says. Tanjiro smirks at me. I blushed. "U-um!" I jolted up. "We should really be heading to class now!!" He giggles. "Alright then Zen Zen" Tanjiro stands up, grabs my hand and starts walking to class.

Tanjiro's Pov:

Zenitsu gets flustered so easily.. its cute. We get to math and the teacher was not happy. "Where have you been Agatsuma!!" He yells. "I was in the lunch room" "wha- why?? Lunch ended 45 minutes ago" the teacher says. "Tanjiro fell asleep on me and wouldn't wake up so" Zenitsu says. "Im sorry" I say. "Tch. You guys are off with a warning for now just sit down you two can sit next to each other i guess"

After school

I was in the bakery working when i see a man and a blond kid walk in from the corner of my eye. "Hello, what can I get you today" I smile and look up to them. It was Zenitsu, I wonder who the man is with him. "Oh hey Zenitsu" I say. "Sup tanji, gramps this is the new kid i was talking about. Tanjiro" The man looks at me and holds my hand. "Thank you for being so kind to Zenitsu. He really is a lonely piece of shit-" "gramps!! What the heck man! This is why i don't invite my friends over"

"No thats because you don't have friends don't lie to me" The man said. I started to die of laughter. "I do too have friends!! Theres Inosuke, Aoi, Kanao, Genya... and... ok i only have 5 friends-" "yea i know, i know everything" He says. Zenitsu rolls his eyes then looks at me: "Don't laugh!!" I stopped laughing. "Sorry its just a little funny but anyways what can i get ya?" I ask.

"Two loafs of whole wheat bread please" The man says. "Okay that will be $6.69 please" (heh 69😏) Zenitsu hands me the money and the man walks outside and waits by the door. "So is that your grandpa?" I ask. "Something like that" Zenitsu replies. I gave Zenitsu the bread, then i wrote on a piece of paper my number and hand him it.

"Whats this?" He asks. "My number cutie" I wink at him and go back to working. In the corner of my eye i see his face turn red. "I-i ok!! Ill text you later!" He stutters. "I was kinda hoping you would" i reply. He walks away and runs into the door. I giggled. He looks back at me and waves. I wave back and then he leaves.. without running into the door-

4:30 P.M.

My phone dings. I look to see a number 415-986-8768.

415-986-8768: Hey this is Zenitsu

I changed his contact name to Zen Zen💛🧡

Me: hey Zeni

Zen Zen💛🧡: hey Tanji♥️

Me: whats the heart for? 😏

Zen Zen💛🧡:.. no reason-

Me: sure Zeni

Zen Zen💛🧡: stawp-

Me: 😂

Zen Zen💛🧡: 😒

Zen Zen💛🧡: bruhhh what is the answer to #4 on the math homework 😭

Me: im not telling

Zen Zen💛🧡: WHY NOTTTTT

Me: cAuSe

Zen Zen💛🧡: ughhh fine oh well ill find out later.

Me: ok sure

Zen Zen💛🧡: shhh

Me: ok ok, but i gtg

Zen Zen💛🧡: ok goodnight ily♥️

Me:...

Zen Zen💛🧡: WAIT NOT LIKE THAT IM SORRY!!

I was red.
"He loves me?.."

Me: its fine, i love you too goodnight💛🧡

He loves me..

———————————————
1249 words...