Yule Ball.

"Delphi wake up!" Someone aggressively nudged me awake. I groaned "What?" I opened my eyes and saw Daphne pretty as ever, in fact angelic even. She twirled showing off her beautiful pastel blue dress and her hair, flowers were adding beauty to her already beautiful golden locks.

"So what do you think?" She said with the sweetest smile.

I grabbed my hair and put it up into a ponytail getting out of bed. "You're beautiful Daphne" I pulled her into an embrace, "Only you could awaken me and not make me want to commit murder"

"Aww you know you can be a sweetheart when you want to you know that?"

I chuckled, "I can but shh don't tell people that" I winked at her, "But I have a question why are you dressed so early? The ball is only tonight"

She put her hands up in excitement, "Well I was just so excited to put it on and- wait did you say early? It's past lunchtime Delphi."

What?! I looked down at my watch to see it was 18:23. Why did I sleep for so long? Then the
Memories of me going into the magical environment I created in my closet where Render and Kraven are. I spent hours on end last night entertaining them and teaching kraven a few tricks, he is growing fast.

I rubbed my forehead, "Yeah apparently it is..il eat something and also get dressed" Daphne nodded and gave me a peck on the cheek before exiting the dorm.

Alright time to hop in the shower.

~

Everyone was already with their partner and at the ball. And im still here.. in the dorm. This is stupid perhaps I shouldn't even go, I've never went to such things so I'm sure I won't be missing it. I looked at myself in the mirror, makeup done, hair done. Dress on. I used a fitting spell that made this dress fit me in all the right places. I sighed and took my heels off. I'm not going. Then my augury flew over to me flapping its wings in front of me, "What?" She bit the tip of my heel and brought it to me.
"I'm not sure I want to go anymore Eve." I laid down on my bed. She made a noise of dissatisfaction and pecked her beak on my foot "Ow!" I grabbed the heel angrily, "Fine!" I put them back on, "But you owe me one." She flapped her wings and flew straight into my closet telling me she was paying her friends a visit.

This is stupid i told myself as I put myself back together. No date plus your late, well I have myself to thank for the no date part. I dabbed on my perfume and applied lipgloss again. Let's just go and get this over with.

(HERMIONE GRANGER POV.)

Viktor has been the sweetest. He indeed is a gentleman. He couldn't stop complimenting me on my dress, which I found most endearing. He swayed with me. I could feel Ron's eyes burning a whole through my skull. I could see from the corner of my eye that his night wasn't going as well as mine was. He was sitting down with Harry by his side. Their dates next to them looking like they're imploring for them to dance but to no avail they seemed to not be budging. Poor girls. Viktor's smile caught my attention. It was in fact contagious.

But it wasn't as much as...

Why am I thinking about her right now? She's not even here. Why wasn't she even? And why did I want to see her? As my date flipped me I took the opportunity to take another glance around the room. I frowned, I couldn't help it. Why didn't she come, really? I mean she did say that she perhaps wasn't but still. Is she really tucked up in her room right now? Tonight of all nights? What was she even doing up there? Reading? Writing? Taking care of Kraven? Couldn't she do all those things later?-

"Are you okay Hermione?" Viktor asked worriedly. Accent thick, which is one of the things a lot of girls found attractive about him.

I sighed and nodded.