Chapter 8

JeongWoo sat on the edge of his bed, sandwiching Junkyu's hand in his bigger pair. It felt cold, almost freezing while the rest of his body was burning. He rubbed the back of the soft hand as he brought it closer to his lips and blew hot air to make it warm.

It was two days after Junkyu's heat. They did it again twice after they reached the Park's manor and JeongWoo had brought Junkyu to his bedroom. His heat was gone after the third release but the hotness in his body remained. Junkyu fell into unconsciousness and JeongWoo never left his side since then.

Jaehyuk said it was because of the induced heat. Junkyu's body possibly rejected the drugs. The omega heat effect might've gone, but the fever stayed to fight the foreign substance in his system. Jaehyuk assured JeongWoo that it was a normal thing to happen as one medicine usually does not fit for all omegas, hence different brands with different chemical components exist, much like any other medicine.

Though Junkyu's total blackout might be because of something else. Jaehyuk's current diagnosis is because of the delayed care after the heat showed up, or because nothing was there in his uterus during his artificial heat from start to finish. Alpha's sperm wasn't just there to create babies, but also worked as natural soother for the irritated womb.

JeongWoo regretted his choice in handling the omega's heat. Fuck romance, he should've just did actual sex with Junkyu.

"Is he still sleeping, Woo?" A small voice pulled JeongWoo out of his head space.

A seven —almost eight— years old little girl was in all four on the bed next to Junkyu's still body. Her chocolate brown hair was parted into two, tied in a low bubble ponytail, each ponytails fell over her shoulders, hanging straight along her stretched arms. She stared at Junkyu's face with her big eyes in fascination for her brother never bring anyone to their home.

"Hmm, he is." JeongWoo said as he tucked the omega's hand back under the comforter. He took the wet towel on Junkyu's forehead and re-soaked it in cold water.

"When is he going to wake up?" She asked.

JeongWoo squeezed the towel to remove the excess water before he gently dabbed it on Junkyu's sweaty neck. "I don't know. We need to wait for Jaehyuk to come here."

Jaehyuk had took Junkyu's blood sample yesterday to run some test. Hopefully they will know the reason why Junkyu's body heavily rejected the drugs by then and could give him a proper treatment. The omega hadn't had anything in his stomach since the last time JeongWoo forced him to drink water in between his heat sessions. The only thing that kept him safe from dehydration was IV fluids Jaehyuk had registered into his vein last night. And it worried JeongWoo to death.

"Can I play with him when he's awake?" She peered closer to Junkyu, her finger was itching to poke the omega's cheek.

"Only if he wants to play with you."

"Do you think he wants to?" She poked the fluffy cheek, couldn't resist the urge anymore. It felt soft against her tiny fingertip.

"I don't know, Soi. But I think he would if you ask him nicely." JeongWoo replied, letting Soi poking his omega repeatedly.

Soi, Park Soi, the youngest sibling of the Park's was one of the very few people JeongWoo gave the permission to stay near Junkyu; another three people being his omega brother-in-law, a trusted omega maid and Jaehyuk as his doctor. Soi hadn't got her second gender yet because of her age —though she's most likely going to be another high-level alpha— so it's safe to let her roam around his mate.

It was weird to have a younger sibling when he was twenty-five. Everyone thought JeongWoo would be the youngest in the family, but then after ten months of disappearing into Goddess knew what they were doing, his parents came back home with a red baby inside a basket. The months of them missing in action match with Soi's age, so no one really questioned the little girl's existence. Their parents are kind of unusual, and that's all about it.