24.

Chris Chambers pov:

Gordie looked into my eyes as I looked back into his. They were brown and really pretty. I smiled and he smiled back. I didn't think he found much beauty in my face right now. It was swollen. I looked down after realising the state i was in. "Hey, look back up." "No my face is a state." He lifted my head up with his finger on my chin. "I wish you saw yourself the way I see you. You're so handsome Chris, I'm jealous." I smiled. "Thanks I guess." "I'm being serious Chris." "Alright alright." He wiped my lip with his thumb. "It's still bleeding." "Mhm." We looked into each others eyes once again. "Can I tell you something, Gordie? You have to promise that whatever happens you promise not to leave me. I can't afford losing you." He shook his head slowly. "Mhm." "Okay." I slowly breathed out. "I really like you. I want you to go out with me? If that's the correct term." Judging by his reaction, I was immediately regretting it.

After a few seconds of awkward silence he got up and out of bed. "Wait, Gordie?" "Im sorry Chris. You're not ready for a relationship. You need to sort yourself out before you ask me again. Again, I'm sorry." Tears pricked my eyes. Why did it feel so passive aggressive? H asked to the window and opened it. He climbed out. I led still in my bed. My breathing hitched. I choked back my tears but it seemed almost impossible to not cry. That's when the tears fell and I let out a moan of despair.

Eyeball walked into my room and sat down next to me. "What's happened?" "N-nothings happened." I attempted to hold back my tears. "Come on Chris." He led down/ sat up next to me. "Let me see your face, I heard it." "Fine." I turned around and showed him my face. "Ouch." He pulled a tissue out his pocket and dabbed it on to my lip. "Does it hurt?" "Yeah, a lot." "Looks like it needs stitches." "Dad wouldn't pay for it. It's fine." "I guess so." He removed the tissue and leaned back. "Tell me everything, from when dad hit you up until when Gordie left."