Chapter Four

Waking up in Adam's arms is almost equal to the satisfaction of eating a burger even though your on a diet.

With the sun spilling through the blinds I can see his face. Younger with resting eyes. For a while I just stare at him. Thinking about what he told me about his past in the army.

How could that have happen to him? He must've been so young, and to see all the things he's seen. I couldn't imagine. Between his arms I notice his fist clenching and his jaw tightening.

Suddenly he breathes a word so silently I barley hear him at first. "Tommy."

My heart saddens as I hear him call for his lost friend.

"Sorry. It's my fault." He whispers through his sleep.

"My fault."

I touch his cheek when he suddenly grabs my arm roughly.

"I'm sorry." I say recovering from my mini heart-attack as he let's go.

"No, no. I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't know I just..." he trails off bury his head in the pillows.

"You don't have to explain. It's okay." I tell him getting up.

He grabs my arm again gently and turns it over exposing the tattoo on my wrist. Pulling me closer he kisses every three of the birdies tattoo before saying,

"I really am sorry. I'm not like that, just now and yesterday. It's not me."

I smile at him. "I know."

"When did you get this tattoo I didn't notice the other day?" He ask me sitting up. I blush. He's the first person whose actually seen this tattoo.

Wouldn't be long for everyone else to find out. I just fear my mother and the hell she'll give me.

"Well, I got it when I moved to New York. My goal was true freedom from my mom my brother and my dad.
And I got it. For a while at least. You're the only whose seen it. I usually cover it up with make up." I tell him getting up.

"Then what's the point?" He says following me.

"Excuse me." I ask him with a little more irritation then I planned for.

"You said you got it got freedom but you're hiding it. It defeats the purpose." He tells me almost smirking.

"If you were raised in my home it means being a part of the family a little while longer." I inform him.

My brother got a tattoo of the cross. The cross on his lower right thumb and they practically killed him.

" You wouldn't understand." Is all I say to while fetching coffee beans a little irritated.

"I didn't mean to offend you." He says pulling me towards him. "I just want to know you for you. Not who your parents want you to be."

"Well than you might have to deal with both."

.........

After a silent breakfast we sit on my couch for awhile watching Hollywood Hillbillies, my favorite reality show. Laughing at there stupidity Adam pauses the television.

"Why do you like this show? It's really, really stupid." he tells me turning it off.

Getting off his shoulder I open my mouth to speak before his are suddenly on my mine. Taking a small breathe he whispers.

"I've got something better for us to do."

Giving in we kiss for while as I advance on his lap. Reaching for the hem of my shirt he stops and pulls back suddenly.