Are they okay? Do they have a headache, too? Are they just as hungry as me?

Y/n POV:

You stare at the doctor in front of you, his words still prancing around in your mind. The carved number seven itches in the back of your brain too, begging you to ask the man of its purpose. However, you would never want to risk anything by making it known. It could be important, or it could be someone keeping track of something.

After a few short seconds of silence, the doctor places the clipboard in his lap. He looks at you expectantly.

The way his eyes gaze at you bothers you in a strange way, so you tilt your head and glare at him. He chuckles lightly and shakes his head.

"You aren't going to ask me any questions?" He wonders aloud. You roll your eyes.

"Will you even answer them?"

He nods lightly. "Of course, that's my job."

"Why am I here?" You start with the basics. He puts the clipboard down on the table and crosses one leg over the other.

"Well, to put it simply, you have seven soulmates. That has been unheard of for generations. I am here to study you." He says shortly. You furrow your eyebrows.

"So I'm one of your stupid little lab rats? Couldn't you politely ask us instead of kidnapping us?"

"Well...the kidnapping was not my idea. I only agreed to run the tests."

"Which are?" You snip.

"Oh you know, simple blood tests, brain scans, and chemical tests." He answers. Your eyes snap to his.

"What chemical tests?" You pry further.

If the room weren't freezing cold, a bead of sweat would be trailing down his face. He was fidgeting and avoiding your eye contact.

"It's only a few tests. Some may be painful, make you lose your memory, or damage your soulmate bond." He responds almost silently.

Ripples could be felt on your skin from your boiling blood. No sentence could have been more infuriating than the one he just spoke.

"You won't be performing those tests, then." You threaten heavily. He eyes you wearily, his hands trembling.

"I- I have to. This is my job." He stutters. Your gaze darkens as you watch him fiddle with his fingers.

Wishing you could chop his hands off of his body, you try to snatch them. Though, you forgot that your wrists and ankles were bound to the bed.

Noticing your attempt, he jolts backwards, also forgetting that you are bound. He sighs lightly and relaxes ever so slightly when he feels safe. You roll your eyes.

"You won't have a job if I kill you." You say, venom dripping from your words.

"I understand your fear, but it's really not that bad."

"How would you even know? When's the last time you ran these tests?" You ask.

"Umm...well I never have. These are special case tests, and you are a special case." He says, regaining his cool composure. You, however, are still seething.

"We may be special, but we're all still human." You press. He nods

"Of course, but we need to know for science." He claims. Rolling your eyes, you continue.

"It's like when a woman has quadruplets. It's by total chance." You defend yourself.

"We still run tests on them." He shrugs his shoulders.