Chapter 7: Gone baby, don't be long.

I did not want to abort that baby, but I also did not want to carry Pule's baby. The doctor gave me abortion pills. I drank those for 2 days; I had already started taking them... it had been 3 hours, and I had to wear a pad because of the bleeding. It was a bit painful, but I had to do it, I had to get rid of the memory... I didn't want anything reminding me of Pule. My best friend and I were at my house; she called her mom and let her know she was at my house and that she'd come back a little later than usual. We were in my room, and I had no tears left in me. Mom and dad were still not home. Linawe had ordered some pizza for us; the pizza arrived after thirty-five minutes. "We shall never speak of this day," she said as she took a slice of the pizza. "I... for sure, definitely. I do not want to remember that this day happened," I said. I bit into my pizza and was happy that I got to eat without puking everything out. "You weren't ready anyway. Besides, he raped you," she looked at me, as if she was trying to get some sort of confirmation from me regarding what she was saying right then. "Yes... yes, you are right. I was not ready, and he raped me." I drank my glass of water. She nodded in understanding. "We are never talking about this, Khanyisile, never ever. I don't want you to relive this moment and the moment before that for the rest of your life... so pinky promise?" She said, holding out her cute pinky finger. I pinky promised her and smiled. She smiled back at me, "So Senzo and I spoke today," I said, shifting the topic. "What? I am shocked... you actually spoke to him?" She said with so much excitement on her face. "Yes, and he carried my bag for me; we held hands. I also found out that we love the same song, '3 Words' by High Klassified." She jumped up and down with excitement. "Khanyi!! Oh my gosh, you guys! If you guys aren't soulmates, then I do not know." I laughed at that statement; I was not for relationships right then. Senzo would have to find interest in someone else.

SENZO DLAMINI

I was chilling with my best friend, Thabiso. But I really was not paying attention to what he was saying because I couldn't stop thinking about Khanyisile. Had I ever met a person so sublime? Her face, the way she spoke was mesmerizing, her hair, her skin, her smile... her body, even her nervousness was adorable. God really took his time with that woman. I couldn't believe the amount of power she had over me. It had been a year since I had been trying to ask her out. She said she had a boyfriend, but she hadn't been herself these days; maybe they had broken up? Geez, I hoped so. No offense.
Thabiso snapped his fingers right in front of my face to bring me back to reality and focus on what he was saying. "Geez dude, am I talking to myself here?" "No... no man, I am sorry. What were you saying?" I asked, fully focused on him this time. He raised his eyebrows. "What's on your mind?" He asked. "Uhh... well, nothing interesting. I guess," I looked down and cleared my throat. "Khanyisile... she... she is perfect. Did you know that we both like the same song? We are basically 'sharing' a favourite song. She literally listens to the music I listen to. She is so interesting," I said, smiling like a little fool who was drowned in love. "You are not going to give up on her, are you?" I shook my head. "Good," he said. "It took me 4 months to pursue Linawe. She had been playing hard to get, but as soon as she saw me as the good guy that I am... she fell in love with me." I sighed. I had been pursuing Khanyisile for about a year now. Couldn't she see that I loved her? Couldn't she see that I was a good guy? "Well, Linawe and Khanyisile aren't the same; Khanyisile seems occupied, and I have to respect that."