↳ 𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙎𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚

Suguru's heart beats faster at the thought of you. There's so much love in his heart for you. When he wakes up, his first thought is you, and when he goes to bed, his last thought is of you. The thought of you brings him so much comfort, yet he hates it.

He hates it because he tries everything possible but you refuse to get back with him. He doesn't understand why, although you've told him why. He doesn't understand why he'd give his whole life for you, yet, you refuse to do anything with him. But you've slipped a couple of times. He's sure he can get you to completely fall. He has to think it through carefully.

He has to play the long game, yet he's at his wit's end. He spends so much money on flowers, chocolates, teddy bears; a lot of stuff that you love. He can't keep spending so much money on someone who won't bother to give him another chance. Although he doesn't realize how many chances you've given him.

He nearly gives up, until he catches you walking to your car after work. For a moment he debates on just leaving. But he ends up calling your name before saying, "Wait up!"

You don't know why, but your feet come to a stop. You turn around to see him, and you watch him walk up to you. You give him a subtle smile as he walks up to you. Your smile, even though it's not necessarily a happy one, cheers him up.

"Are you busy tonight?" He asks when he comes up to you. You bite your bottom lip before you shake your head. You know you should just lie before he invites you to go out, but you decide not to. You stand in silence for a moment before he decides to ask, "Do you want to do something?"

"I'm so tired. I just want to go home." You respond and he slowly nods. You chew on the inside of your cheek before you decide to speak up, "If you want a drink, you can join me at home..."

"Oh." Suguru is taken back by your suggestion. The one time he doesn't really try anything, you suggest this. Of course, your offer doesn't necessarily mean anything. For all he knows, you just need a drink and a shoulder to cry on. Which is something that he can take advantage of. "Yeah. That sounds nice."

"You know how to get there, right?" You question. He nods in response, fighting back a smile from coming to his lips. You begin to walk away, and he watches in disbelief. Is the universe finally on his side?

-

You get to your apartment way before Suguru, so you begin to tidy up the place a bit. It isn't a big mess, but it does need some organization. You don't understand what's taken over you, but you want to see him again. He's so sweet with you, and you feel like giving him a chance. Well, not necessarily a chance, but you do want to be able to speak with him again.

Or maybe it's just your loneliness that's taken over you. Suguru gives you the attention you crave, or at least he's trying to give it to you and you turn him down. You keep thinking about why you're really doing it even though you want to dismiss it. You don't want to think about it. It's best for you if you avoid thinking about it.

It's been around ten minutes, and he still isn't here. He doesn't know which exact unit you live in, so you decide to step out of your apartment and go outside the building to wait for him. You're eager for him to get here, and you don't fully understand why. You notice his park as he parks outside the building, and you patiently wait for him to get out. It feels interminable as you wait for him.

He finally steps out of the car and walks towards you with a bottle of wine. It seems like he made a quick stop which is why it took him longer to get here than expected. He gives you a small smile. You don't exchange any words before you walk away, and he follows.

You get to the apartment, and take the bottle of wine from him, setting it down on the kitchen counter. You look for two wine glasses as you tell him, "Make yourself at home."