"No consideration at all."

"We might've had an engagement."

"Maybe they think they'll get invited to dinner if they're late."

"Well, they most certainly won't be," Uncle Vernon said as we heard him stand up and start pacing the living room. "They'll take them and go, there'll be no hanging around. That's if they're coming at all. Probably mistaken the day. I daresay their kind don't set much store by punctuality. Either that or they drive some tin-pot car that's broken d- AAAAAAARRRRRGH!" We jumped up. From the other side of the living room door came the sounds of the three Dursleys scrambling, panic-stricken, across the room. Next moment Dudley came flying into the hall, looking terrified.

"What happened?" Harry said. "What's the matter?" But Dudley didn't seem able to speak. Hands still clamped over his buttocks, he waddled as fast as he could into the kitchen. We hurried into the living room. Loud banging and scrapings were coming from behind the Dursleys' boarded-up fireplace, which had a fake coal fire plugged in front of it.

"What is it?" gasped Petunia, who had backed into the wall and was staring, terrified, toward the fire. "What is it, Vernon?" But they were left in doubt barely a second longer. Voices could be heard from inside the blocked fireplace.

"Ouch! Fred, no go back, go back, there's been some kind of mistake tell George not to OUCH! George, no, there's no room, go back quickly and tell Ron"

"Maybe Harry or Rory can hear us, Dad - maybe he'll be able to let us out" We heard one of the twins before there was a loud hammering of fists on the boards behind the electric fire.

"Harry? Rory? can you hear us?" The Dursleys rounded on us like a pair of angry wolverines.

"What is this?" growled Vernon. "What's going on?"

"They, they've tried to get here by Floo powder," Harry answered clearly fighting a mad desire to laugh. "They can travel by fire only you've blocked the fireplace hang on" He approached the fireplace and called through the boards. "Mr. Weasley? Can you hear me?" The hammering stopped. Somebody inside the chimney piece said, "Shh!" "Mr. Weasley, it's Harry the fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through there."

"Damn!" said Mr. Weasley's voice. "What on earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?"

"They've got an electric fire," Harry explained.

"Really?" said Mr. Weasley's voice excitedly. "Eclectic, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that... Let's think... ouch, Ron!" Ron's voice now joined the others'.

"What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"

"Oh no, Ron," came Fred's voice, very sarcastically. "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up."

"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here," said George, whose voice sounded muffled, as though he was squashed against the wall.

"Boys, boys... " said Mr. Weasley vaguely. "I'm trying to think what to do... Yes... only way...Stand back, Harry." Harry retreated to the sofa next to where I was stood. Vernon, however, moved forward.

"Wait a moment!" he bellowed at the fire. "What exactly are you going to -"BANG. The electric fire shot across the room as the boarded-up fireplace burst outward, expelling Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, and Ron in a cloud of rubble and loose chippings. Petunia shrieked and fell backward over the coffee table; Vernon caught her before she hit the floor, and gaped, speechless, at the Weasleys, all of whom had bright red hair, including Fred and George, who were identical to the last freckle.

"That's better," panted Mr. Weasley, brushing dust from his long green robes and straightening his glasses. "Ah - you must be Aurora and Harry's aunt and uncle!" Tall, thin, and balding, he moved toward Vernon, his hand outstretched, but Vernon backed away several paces, dragging Petunia. Words utterly failed Vernon. His best suit was covered in white dust, which had settled in his hair and moustache and made him look as though he had just aged thirty years. "Er yes sorry about that," said Mr. Weasley, lowering his hand and looking over his shoulder at the blasted fireplace. "It's all my fault. It just didn't occur to me that we wouldn't be able to get out at the other end. I had your fireplace connected to the Floo Network, you see just for an afternoon, you know, so we could get Harry and Aurora. Muggle fireplaces aren't supposed to be connected, strictly speaking but I've got a useful contact at the Floo Regulation Panel and he fixed it for me. I can put it right in a jiffy, though, don't worry. I'll light a fire to send the boys and Aurora back, and then I can repair your fireplace before I Disapparate." I knew that the Dursleys hadn't understood a single word of this. They were still gaping at Mr. Weasley, thunderstruck. Petunia staggered upright again and hid behind Uncle Vernon. "Hello, Harry, Rory!" said Mr. Weasley brightly. "Got your trunks ready?"

"They're upstairs," said Harry, grinning back.

"We'll get it," said Fred at once quickly pulling me in for a hug before winking at Harry, he and George left the room. I suspected Fred and George were hoping for a glimpse of Dudley; they had heard a lot about him from Harry.

"Well," said Mr. Weasley, swinging his arms slightly, while he tried to find words to break the very nasty silence. "Very erm very nice place you've got here." As the usually spotless living room was now covered in dust and bits of brick, this remark didn't go down too well with the Dursleys. Vernon's face purpled once more, and Petunia started chewing her tongue again. However, they seemed too scared to actually say anything. Mr. Weasley was looking around. He loved everything to do with Muggles. I could see him itching to go and examine the television and the video recorder. "They run off eckeltricity, do they?" he said knowledgeably. "Ah yes, I can see the plugs. I collect plugs," he added to Vernon. "And batteries. Got a very large collection of batteries. My wife thinks I'm mad, but there you are." Vernon clearly thought Mr. Weasley was mad too. He moved ever so slightly to the right, screening Petunia from view, as though he thought Mr. Weasley might suddenly run at them and attack. Dudley suddenly reappeared in the room. We could hear the clunk of our trunks on the stairs, and knew that the sounds had scared Dudley out of the kitchen. Dudley edged along the wall, gazing at Mr. Weasley with terrified eyes, and attempted to conceal himself behind his mother and father. Unfortunately, Vernon's bulk, while sufficient to hide bony Petunia, was nowhere near enough to conceal Dudley. "Ah, this is your cousin, is it, Harry?" said Mr. Weasley, taking another brave stab at making conversation.

"Yep," said Harry, "that's Dudley." Harry and Ron exchanged glances and then quickly looked away from each other; the temptation to burst out laughing was almost overwhelming. Dudley was still clutching his bottom as though afraid it might fall off. Mr. Weasley, however, seemed genuinely concerned at Dudley's peculiar behaviour. Indeed, from the tone of his voice when he next spoke, Harry was quite sure that Mr. Weasley thought Dudley was quite as mad as the Dursleys thought he was, except that Mr. Weasley felt sympathy rather than fear.

"Having a good holiday, Dudley?" he said kindly. Dudley whimpered. Harry saw his hands tighten still harder over his massive backside. Fred and George came back into the room carrying our school trunks. They glanced around as they entered and spotted Dudley. Their faces cracked into identical evil grins. "Ah, right," said Mr. Weasley. "Better get cracking then." He pushed up the sleeves of his robes and took out his wand. The Dursleys drew back against the wall as one. "Incendio!" said Mr. Weasley, pointing his wand at the hole in the wall behind him. Flames rose at once in the fireplace, crackling merrily as though they had been burning for hours. Mr. Weasley took a small drawstring bag from his pocket, untied it, took a pinch of the powder inside, and threw it onto the flames, which turned emerald green and roared higher than ever. "Off you go then, Fred with the first trunk" said Mr. Weasley.

"Coming," said Fred. "Oh no - hang on -"A bag of sweets had spilled out of Fred's pocket and the contents were now rolling in every direction, big, fat toffees in brightly coloured wrappers. Fred scrambled around, cramming them back into his pocket, then gave the Dursleys a cheery wave, stepped forward, and walked right into the fire, saying "the Burrow!" Petunia gave a little shuddering gasp. There was a whooshing sound, and Fred vanished.

"Right then, George," said Mr. Weasley, "you and the last trunk." Harry helped George carry the trunk forward into the flames and turn it onto its end so that he could hold it better. Then, with a second whoosh, George had cried

"the Burrow!" and vanished too.

"Ron, you next," said Mr. Weasley.

"See you," said Ron brightly to the Dursleys. He grinned broadly at Harry, then stepped into the fire, shouted "the Burrow!" and disappeared.

"You next Aurora" Mr Weasley smiled at me as I walked towards the fire.

"The Burrow!" I called as the Dursleys living room disappeared and I fell out of the fireplace at the Weasleys.

"Rory" George wrapped me in a hug.

"You saw me literally two minutes ago idiot"

"I know but I didn't get a hug" I smile at him.