21

"We elimated to last demon here, I guess Mugen Train will be departing tonight like they scheduled."

I said putting back my blade to its sheath.

Like what I read, demons purposely showed themselves to prevent the slayers in finding the lower moon one, Enmu. The one that will be one of the reasons for Rengoku-san.

"Well done, although your own breathing is still unpolished." Rengoku-san commented.

"As long as I can get to their necks, then they are good as gone." I answered monotonously.

I walked ahead of him. I know what's going to happen. I have the guts that nothing has changed in the story, yet I can feel my stomach turning upside down knowing that if I make a wrong decision, I could be the reason that this timeline will happen according to the story.

"Miyu!!" Rengoku shouted.

"WHAT?!?!" I shouted back not even glancing at him.

"You've been over the edge ever since we received this mission." I walked ahead of him yet he was able to catch up and now by my side.

"You don't have to know it, but promise me." I said.

"Promise you what?" Rengoku asked me.

"Promise me that whatever happens, you'll ask for me." I seriously said staring into his eyes.

"All right, I promise."

I rose my pinky finger. He gently smiled at me and rose his pinky finger as well and touched mine. I let a relieved smile at him and became teary eyed.

I know altering the story isn't want I wanted. I never wanted to be recognized in the first place. I never wanted to change the story. But letting this wonderful guy die the third time, I am not ready for that.

He patted my head and slowly ruffled my hair.

"Something bad is going to happen, you saw that again in that silly vision of yours." He chuckled.

"Y-Yeah. You died there, so I am really worried about you." I muttered.

"You don't have to worry. I sent my crow to Oyakata-sama to send more back up to us."

He proudly smiled.

__

We boarded this famous Mugen Train where more than 40 civilians where lost or reportedly died here. We sent slayers here as well, but no one was able to report back so Oyakata-sama knows that twelve kizuki is involved.

Only I, who knows that lower moon one and upper moon three will appear here. All I have to think about is how to buy in defeating Akaza, without meeting Rengoku.