Chapter 1

Jess was on the run there were six thugs chasing her she bolted into an alley and tripped she looked up but it was so dark in the alley that she could barely see but she could see enough to know that the thugs were surrounding her then it suddenly became even darker as a shadowy figure walked over saying in a gruff voice "Get away from her" it was just a blur but when she could tell what had happened she looked up at the mystery man and he offered a hand to help her up "Are you okay?" Came that gruff voice Jess thought man he is not bad looking he cleared his throat "Umm... yeah I am fine I heal pretty fast" she "Uh... okay..." "those goons are such a pain in the ###" he said with a scowl she got up ignoring his hand she just realized the burning pain in her hand it had a large piece of glass almost all the way through it she looked at it and decided to pull it out she grabbed bandage out of her pocket and began rapping it around her hand and wrist realizing just how long the cut was she bit the end off and stuck the roll back in her military style pants pocket she looked up to see that the man looked surprised that she was so okay about her hand "So... what's your name?" Jess asked just then he grabbed his head and looked like he was in alot of pain and crumpled to the ground unconscious Jess thought ugh I can't just leave him cause he fought off all of those henchmen and if I leave him here they will come back and capture him just like all the others with a sigh she picked him up like he was a baby with his head leaning against her shoulder and his arms and legs limply dangling  she saw a abandoned store and brought him in she walked through the store thinking there isn't a bed but there is this beanbag but I still need to find something to eat so she grabbed a buggy and put him in it and pushed it to the freezer meals cause she knew that there was a microwave in the staff room because she used to work here part time Jess ran pushing the buggy to the staff only area the door was locked but she knew that it was pretty old so she got ready and did a round house kick and the door sung open I told them that the door didn't lock well but no one believes the weird girl how does hand to hand combat as a professional sport she was starving she could hardly wait to eat the freezer chicken what has the world come to an evil witch trying to take over the world by imprisoning everybody and me excited to eat freezer chicken she grabbed a fork and pushed the buggy into the breakroom and plopped on to the couch that was splattered with grease stains from who knows how long ago.