Chapter 15

Third P.O.V.

It's been a couple months since Layra, Aemond, Baela, Cregan, Rhaena and Nymor's wedding days. It was early in the morning as Aemond and Layra were curled up together when they heard a knock their door.

Aemond puts his trousers on as Layra stayed on the bed under the blankets. He opens the door to see his mother and grandfather.

"Mother? Grandfather? What are you two doing here?" Aemond asks.

"Is Layra here?" Alicent asks.

"Yeah, she's currently getting changed." Aemond told them as Layra gets up and changes into a nightdress from the night before.

He lets the two in and Layra noticed their faces.

"What's going on?" Layra asks.

"Viserys has passed in his sleep." Alicent said causing Layra to gasp.

"That also means you are to be crowned queen." Otto said.

"Shouldn't we wait? I mean we need the other lords to witness me being crowned." Layra asks.

"I've already sent them out." Alicent answered.

"The Silent Sisters are currently going over Viserys body." Otto says.

"Have you sent a letter to my grandfather and grandmother?" Layra asks.

"I have." Alicent says.

"That also makes you King Consort." Otto told Aemond who had a few tears falling from his eyes.

"My love?" Layra asks.

"I'll be fine. Does Aegon and Helaena know?" Aemond asks.

"Not yet." Alicent answered.

"We will set our preparations immediately." Otto tells her.

Layra nodded before the two leave. She changes before doing her hair while being watched by Aemond.

 She changes before doing her hair while being watched by Aemond

Layra's hairstyle & dress