Chapter 13

Third P.O.V.

Layra got to know both Cregan and Nymor. And she knew that her cousins were perfect for both of them. She was currently dancing with Helaena who had a big smile on her face.

That's when there were roars. And everyone turned to see Caraxes and Syrax in the sky. They land and roar at everyone. Layra noticed  Daemon and Rhaenyra on them.

"Go over to your parents and stay with them." Layra told her aunt.

Helaena nodded and quickly ran over to her parents. Layra ignores the guards and walks over to stand in front of the crowd and dragons.

She glared at her mother who glares back.

"Ah look it's my whore of a mother." Layra says in High Valyria.

"Me a whore. You're the one who stole my birthright." Rhaenyra says angrily.

"I didn't steal shit." Layra says.

Everyone who didn't know High Valyria were watching scared for the princess and heir. The ones who knew the language were trying hard not to laugh.

"Language, you little ungrateful brat." Rhaenyra says.

"Me, I'm the ungrateful brat, the only one who is acting like an ungrateful brat is you. The reason is because flaunt around the birth of my brothers, pushed me aside and never once acknowledged me." Layra says.

The two yell at each other back and forth before Rhaenyra got more angry.

"Dracarys!!!" Rhaenyra yells and Syrax breaths fire on Layra who looked scared.

Everyone screams out in fear as Aemond stared at Layra scared. The fire burnt for what felt like forever before it went away.

That's when something unexpected happened. Layra who was alive, well and unburnt. And naked, stood up. Aemond quickly ran over to his betroth and wrapped his cloak around his betroth.

Layra looked at her mother with a disbelief face. Her mother stared at her wide-eyed not realizing the damage she had done. Daemon too was shocked before they hear two angry roars.

They look up to see Nyxondra and Vhagar approaching before in one swift space swallowed the two dragons whole with their riders still on them.

"Look away, look away, my love." Aemond tells her.

But Layra didn't look away only staring at the spot that her mother once was.

"Princess, let's get you changed." Alicent tells her.

Layra nods and follows after Alicent. They get to Layra's room. Alicent helps clean Layra up before she redoes her hair and putting her into a new dress.

They walk back to the celebration where everyone smiled at her and congratulated her. They knew she needed time to process so they backed off.

Aemond walks over and kisses her forehead. Before he asked if she was alright.

"I'm fine." Layra told him with a smile. "I just need time to process what happened."

"Alright." Aemond says and leads her further into the party.

That's when Baela and Rhaena both rush forward with Cregan and Nymor behind them. They hugged their cousin who smiled at their worriedness.

"I'm fine you two." Layra tells them with a smile.

"We were so scared." Baela told her.

"And why are you so calm about it?" Rhaena asks.

"Because I knew that I would survive the fire." Layra revealed.

That caused both her cousins and Aemond look at her shocked.

"What do you mean?" Rhaena asks.

Layra festures for the three to follow her to a secluded corner.

"When I was six, I went out to fly on Nyxondra because I got into a fight with my mother, and we flew around for a while before landed on a small island.
I didn't realize one of the riderless dragons lived there." Layra starts. "I came across it's cave and woke it up. It was really angry and the next thing I knew was fire being blown at me.
I thought I had died but I woke up a little bit later and found myself still alive with no burns and no clothes.
I found some animals killed them and made clothes out of their skin before coming back to Kings Landing."

"Who was the dragon?" Aemond asks.

"Sheepstealer." Layra answered after a few seconds of silence.

"So you've known that you are able to survive dragonfire for sixteen years!?" Baela asks.

"Yes." Layra says.

"Why didn't you tell us?" A voice is heard and they turned to see Alicent.

"Ever since I could remember I've always been afraid of my mother and I was scared she'd take me away from the only place I've ever known." Layra answered.

"Well you're safe now dear and all the lords like you because you've helped around the Realm." Alicent tells her. "Now, come, this celebration is about you. You should be having fun and getting to know everyone. Because you are getting in less than a moon or two."

"You're right. We'll drop this topic until a later time." Layra said before she walks back to the royal family table.