"Yeah, and I'd thank ya while you did it."

Sadie looked over at her older brother, "Noted. I volunteer."

Dale gave the woman an amused grin before saying his piece. "I hate to say it, and believe me, I never thought I would. . . Maybe Daryl's right."

"Jim's not a monster, Dale. Or some rapid dog." Rick scoffed. Sadie looked at his bloody t-shirt. The man was in over his head. He woke up from a coma less than three days ago, and he's greeted with dead men walking.

"I'm not suggesting–"

"He's sick. He's a sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?" Rick asked.

Daryl was the first to answer, "The line's pretty clear. Zero tolerance for Walkers. Or them to be."

"I'm with Daryl on this one," Sadie began to explain. "I said it before, and I'll say it again. It takes one, one Walker to kill us all. We can't let our emotions get the best of us. I feel for Jim and the dead chick lying over there, I do, but we gotta do what needs to be done."

Daryl gave his sister a curt nod, thanking her silently.

"And if we could get him help?" Rick met eyes with Sadie as he asked the question. "I heard the CDC was working on a cure."

"I heard that too. Heard a lot of things before the world went to hell." Shane spat.

Rick sighed, trying to push his emotions aside, "What if the CDC is still up and running?"

"Man, that is a stretch right there." Shane muttered.

"Why?" Rick asked, anger throughout his tone, "If there's any government left, any structure at all, they'd protect the CDC at all costs. I think it's our best shot. Shelter, protection–"

"Maybe even a decent shower. Daryl smells like shit." Sadie laughed, offering a lighter tone over the rest of the group.

Shane shot her a look, silently telling her to pipe down. "You want all those things. I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base. Fort Benning."

Dumbass. Always wanting to prove he's got the leadership, Sadie thought to herself as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

"That's 100 miles in the opposite direction." Sadie pointed out. "At least if we went to the CDC, we'd be safe in a secure building."

"It's away from the hot zone." Shane retorted. "If that place is operational, it'd be heavily armed. We'd be safe there."

"You said it yourself, Shane. If that place is okay and if it is, it'll be safe. We can't take our chances on a bunch of If's."

"The military was on the front lines." Rick argued. "It got overrun. We've all seen that. The CDC is not only our best option, but Jim's."

"Is it just me or is the toxic masculinity making it really hard to breathe in here?" Sadie mumbled to Carol. The battered woman chuckled softly.

A few moments of silence went by before Daryl suddenly swung a pick axe at Jim's head. Claiming he would be the one to take the shot.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! We don't kill the living." Rick spat as he ran to Daryl, cocking his gun to Daryl's head. Sadie immediately ripped her gun from her belt, ready to do whatever means necessary for her brother.

Daryl snorted, lowering his weapon, "That's funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head."

"We may disagree on some things, but not on this. Put it down." Shane demanded, tipping his hat down towards Daryl.

Daryl did as told and the group dispersed. Left to their own thoughts and decisions.

"Let's just get the hell out of here." Daryl mumbled to his sister. "We'll take our own chances on the road."

Sadie debated on what she needed to say next. It had always just been her and Daryl. When they were kids, they had each other's backs. They protected each other in life, and now they would do so while their fate was sealed.

"I think we should sleep on it. Shane and Rick are at each other's throats, but when it comes down to it, I'm going to the CDC." Sadie replied quietly.

"Our names could be in the history books if they've really got a cure." Daryl laughed lightly.

Sadie smiled, "The Dixon's: A Dumbass and His Hot Sister Save the World."

"You're the dumbass. Get back to work."

&&
1301 words

ah Sadie and Daryl are so special.

i've been in such a depressing funk lately. maybe it's because all it does anymore is snow and rain where i live. oh well, i'll just have to get over myself.

how are YOU???

okay bye, love you