ʂҽⱱҽղ

TW// cussing, self harm cuts, wanting to die, depressed shit, talk of parental death, talk of abuse, making jokes about self harm

Ash's POV

When I woke up, it took me a moment to recognize where I was. I sat up, flipping off the bright lamp, as the sun was lighting up the whole room good. I stood up, wincing at my sore thighs. I rolled up my sleeve, seeing my white bandages were slightly pink where blood had seeped through.

I walked over to a closet to look inside and see if there would be something that I could change into. I spotted a white sweater with red cuffs and a red A on the front. I grabbed it because it suited me. My favorite color is sage green or lavender, but my two favorite colors when they are together is red and white, and it had an A on it!

And it was my size!

I looked for some pants, but everything was short and would show my thighs. Fuck it, I guess, I'll just let my bandages show.

I pulled out a pair of light blue denim jean shorts that were cuffed, and a black belt, because I have style. I also grabbed a pair of white socks that had red and blue stripes from a drawer.

(This is the outfit on the cover photo)

I put on the sweater, but before I put on the shorts, I decided to take a peek and see how bad my thighs actually looked. They weren't as bad as I figured, but they weren't the best looking. I put the bandages back on and then out on the shorts.

The bandages showed a lot, but who really gives a damn.

I took my dead phone from my dirty pants pocket and out it in the jean pockets.

I was about to leave, when I saw a chain bracelet on the dresser. It was pretty long. Looked like one of the ones that can wrap around your wrist multiple times.
(Please tell me someone has seen bracelets like that also so I don't sound crazy)

I grabbed it and looped it through the belt loops on my pants to use as a belt chain instead of a bracelet. It wasn't perfect, but it looked good.

Hey, I may be depressed, but I still got style.

Then I left the room and went back to the staircase that brought me up here yesterday. Going through that shirt part outside so high up killed me, because I didn't want to be at the railing, but I needed something to hold on to so I wouldn't fall just from being so nervous.

Eventually, I made it down all of the stairs, and walked down the hall until I saw someone I knew. I was burning up, so I rolled up my sleeves to my elbows, showing my bandages. It's fine, nobody is around to see them.

Or so I thought. I saw a guard, and I didn't know him. He spotted me so I slightly waved.

"Who do you think you are? What are you doing here? You aren't allowed in the castle." He said, grabbing my shoulder as I walked by him. "Uhm, sorry?" I replied. I guess not everyone was informed that I was here.

He then noticed my ears and tail.

"Are you related to the king?" He asked. "Uhhhh, I dunno? I mean, my mom is dead and my father is in a cellar right now, and I think my moms dad is also dead and my fathers parents live on the other side of the world, so...I guess not? Like, he's not my grandpa or dad or anything..."

The guard looked at me for a moment.

"Really? Cus only royals can be hybrids." He said. I shrugged. "Apparently not, now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find Jeb." I wiggled out of his hands. "You know Knight Jedediah?" He asked.