I slowly stood up from the bed and went to the door.

I peeked through the small hole on it and saw ES.

I fastly opened and pulled her inside.

I missed her!

I saw how she was startled but her shock face turned into a smile.

"Hey. How are you?" She brought me in for a hug and i accepted it. I buried my face on her neck.

I didn't wanna cry. But i just couldn't stop it

I felt her hands on my back caressing it.

"Im sorry.. im sorry that i can't help you on getting out of here" she hugged me tighter.

No. Please dont apologize. None of this is your fault. If it wasn't for me being dumb and being so nosy i wouldn't have get myself here.

Im the one who should be blamed here.

I am the one.

"Here. I know boss didn't give you food so i bought one for us" we parted from eachother and i saw those sweet smile.

I just smiled back and said a small thankyou.

Gosh if it wasn't for her i would have died. And the cause is "died out of hunger"

We started eating. I couldn't help but to throw glances at her.

How did she know Manjirou? Are they related? How is she here?

She's so mysterious yet i didn't had the guts to ask her anything. I cant risk anything right now.

I need to be really careful on every move i do. Who knows? Maybe she's just gaining my trust and once i tell her things she might report it to Manjirou and the others.

But there's something in me that tells that she wouldn't do that. But still. I dont know her that much yet. So i need to be careful.

"Are they giving you a hard time..?" She suddenly spoke. I stopped eating and looked at her.

She just continued eating not giving me a glance.

"Mhm.. They're giving me so much things to do. And all of it are dangerous" Es stopped eating and i just looked at her. She was looking at the food.

Her eyes keeps shifting towards my food then back at hers.

"Is there something wrong..?" Before i could even say something i felt a squeeze inside my chest.

I felt like my heart was stabbed it hurts!

Whats happening!? I looked at Es as i struggled. It was getting hard to breathe. And my vision was getting blurry because of the tears forming in my eyes because of the pain i am feeling right now.

Es looked directly in my eyes. I could see the pity in them. I looked at my food.

Oh.

That's why.. that's why she was looking. I looked at her once again. There it is. The look of pity.

I should've been more careful from the start. Knowing that everyone in this place cannot be trusted.