"Come on, all of you," he said. He clicked his fingers, and the ends of the cords that bound Moony flew to his hands. "I'll drag the werewolf. Perhaps the dementors will have a kiss for him too"

"Let him go" I said feeling my powers surging through me with anger. Snape looked at me taking a slight step back.

"You. I knew there was something wrong with you the minute I saw you" He spat out at me as Pad's grabbed my face making me look at him.

"Little Wolf calm down. It's okay" I felt a tear fall down my face, I almost lost control again. Pad's pulled me to his chest as Harry crossed the room and blocked the door.

"Get out of the way, Potter, you're in enough trouble already," Snape snarled. "If I hadn't been here to save your skin"

"Professor Lupin could have killed me about a hundred times this year," Harry said. "I've been alone with him loads of times, having defence lessons against the dementors. If he was helping Black, why didn't he just finish me off then?"

"Don't ask me to fathom the way a werewolf's mind works," hissed Snape. "Get out of the way, Potter." Pad's continued to keep me calm whilst Harry and Snape argued.

"YOURE PATHETIC!" Harry yelled. "JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE A FOOL OF YOU ATSCHOOL YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN"

"SILENCE! I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT!" Snape shrieked, looking madder than ever. "Like father, like son, Potter! I have just saved your neck, you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well served if he'd killed you! You'd have died like your father, too arrogant to believe you might be mistaken in Black now get out of the way, or I will make you. GET OUT OF THE WAY, POTTER!" Harry raised his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" he yelled, except his wasn't the only voice that shouted. There was a blast that made the door rattle on its hinges and Snape was lifted off his feet and slammed into the wall, then slid down it to the floor, a trickle of blood oozing from under his hair. He had been knocked out.I looked around. Both Ron and Hermione had tried to disarm Snape at exactly the same moment as Harry. Snape's wand soared in a high arc and landed on the bed next to Crookshanks.

"You shouldn't have done that," Pad's said releasing me and looking at Harry. "You should have left him to me"

"We attacked a teacher. We attacked a teacher" Hermione whimpered, staring at the lifeless Snape with frightened eyes. "Oh, we're going to be in so much trouble" Moony was struggling against his bonds as I ran to him and untied him. He straightened up, rubbing his arms where the ropes had cut into them before pulling me to him wrapping his arms around me.

"You okay wolf" I nod as he looks at Harry. "Thank you, Harry," he said.

"I'm still not saying I believe you,"

"Then it's time we offered you some proof," Moony said releasing me "You, boy give me Peter, please. Now." Ron clutched Scabbers closer to his chest.

"Come off it," he said weakly. "Are you trying to say he broke out of Azkaban just to get his hands on Scabbers? I mean" He looked up at Harry and Hermione for support. "Okay, say Pettigrew could turn into a rat there are millions of rats how's he supposed to know which one he's after if he was locked up in Azkaban?"

"You know, Sirius, that's a fair question," Moony said turning to Pad's frowning slightly. "How did you find out where he was?" Pad's put one of his claw like hands inside his robes and took out a crumpled piece of paper, which he smoothed flat and held out to show us. It was the photograph of Ron and his family that had appeared in the Daily Prophet the previous summer, and there, on Ron's shoulder, was Scabbers. "How did you get this?" Moony asked Sirius thunderstruck.