Chapter 10

Yes, I'm spoiling you all with a double update today lol. Thought you all deserved it since I haven't been able to update regularly lately. Still struggling health wise but this week I finally was able to work my horses on the ground for the first time since November. That's the hard thing about living with a chronic illness. There's good days and bad days but I'll never be totally 'normal' again with my health. It's a struggle but unfortunately, that's my life.

On the good side of things though, I'm currently writing chapter 22 of this and would like all y'all's input on something... So, one of my other favorite shows is Heartland (horse drama for all of you who don't know it) and I had an idea for a tiny crossover there, bringing a couple of my favorite characters on over into this story, this would occur in the time-skip between episodes 6 and 7. I have a huge story-line cooking up to take place in between those two with a focus on both Maddie and Cordell. Even if I don't choose to add in a little bit of Heartland, it will still happen regardless... Any ideas? Does this sound like something you guys would like?

Anyway, enjoy.

And who is ready for Walker and Walker Independence tomorrow night? I can't wait! With Independence coming to an end for now I might even start working on another fic for it, we'll just wait and see what happens.

~~~~~

'We just need them away from the car for a minute or two.' Stella explained the plan as the three of them watched Shannon and her brothers later that afternoon in the aircraft hangar where the cars were parked on display. 'You give me an opening and I'll handle the rest.'

'Okay, so, like, distract, smash and then grab?' August questioned, glancing down at his sister.

She nodded. 'Less smash. But, yes, grab and go.'

'You know, pumpkin patch would have been nice.' Todd spoke up as August walked ahead a few paces. 'But, uh, this is one hell of a last date.'

'What do you mean, a last date?' She questioned with a frown.

'Uh, no, no, um... I don't know, it's just... the Oregon of it all? You've been sending mixed signals.'

'What are you talking about?'

'You haven't registered for classes.' Todd continued. 'Or opened the college survival kit I made you. And just like you said about your dad, you... you've been kind of off all summer. Thought it might be about me. About us.'

'Todd. I'm not breaking up with you.' She laughed, taking hold of his hands. 'Unless... Is that what you want?'

'No, no, no, no, no. Of course not. I love you and I don't want... That's not...'

'Hey, guys?' August interrupted, returning to them. 'Hey, um, S-9 and the boys are packing up, heading out, so... ...it's now or never.'

A little shocked at what Todd had just said, Stella quickly turned her attention to the task at hand. Stealing the mustang back. 'Right.'

~~~

Maddie lay on her bed, headphone on, listening to some music as Bubbles sat on her chest, kneading her softly with her paws. Gently she fingered the locket around her neck as Taylor Swift's Anti-Hero played on. That line It's me. Hi. I'm the problem, it's me... That line was so relatable to these days that it just wasn't funny.

A knock sounding on the door interrupted the song and she quickly paused it and pulled her headphones off, thinking that it was Abeline bringing her the icing bowl to scrape out. 'Yeah. Come in.' She called and the door opened. 'Dad. Hi.' She said with surprise as she sat up, Cordell walking into the room. 'I-I thought you were Mawline. Aren't you supposed to still be packing?'