I Like You

I ADORE YOU - Chapter 2

KENDALL

I arrived earlier than I should have. Getting ready for the runway usually takes hours and hours. No one says hello as I rush along. No one smiles or makes eye contact. It's as if I'm visible. Except for the occasional shift of a body, the turn of shoulder as someone moves to get of my way. WHY? Or is that just me being awkward and uncomfortable around just about everyone? This is my first LFW and I already feel not belong in here. I wish somebody I knew were here. I wish Cara is here with me. I do not know where she is, she is somewhere here, around here. I feel like a 5 years old girl lost in the jungle, no way out.

" hey there" someone from behind. My mouth is agape and my eyes are wide when I realised that is Cara's voice.

Now she's standing in front of me. She stares at me with a concentrated expression for several seconds. I shift on my feet and glance away. Not because I'm uncomfortable, but because the way she stares at me is oddly comforting. It's probably the first time I've felt welcome here.

"Kendall? Hey?"

Her eyes distract me so much till I couldn't remember what she said.

"Hey CARA ! Sorry I was distracted by something. " I try to figure out what color are her eyes. "What are you doing here? Are you here to save me? " I glance away, realising how dumb the question was.

"From falling in love with all gorgeous models here?" she asks, pulling my attention back to her eyes.

"If that was the question, then the answer is yes" .. I feel like I could faint in anytime . Does she really meant it?? And then she's smiling. I couldn't help but wonder why she's smiling. What is that mean? Please help!

"im joking, im joking" we laugh. "Yesterday was great so I was thinking if we could hangout more?"

" I was thinking the same Cara" I say.

"So are you free tonight?" she asks.

I glance away and run through a million scenarios of what could happen if I answer her question with a yes.

"Yes! Where are we going?" the excitement is obviously showing

"Somewhere you will never forget" she smiles. That cute smile is the one I will never forget. " I will pick you up at 7"