Chapter 21 | Like the last breath of winter.

Start from the beginning

"As a matter of fact, he has, .. Jiang Cheng." - said an angry alpha in a deep voice behind Jiang Cheng.

"And who do you imagine yourself to be to tell me that... -" said Jiang Cheng as he turned back, but as soon as he saw the face of the other alpha standing behind him, every word stuck in his throat. Jiang Cheng stared at him with a whitened face, then ended his half-torn sentence with a name; - ".. Hua Cheng. .."

"Exactly." - said Hua Cheng with a momentary grin, and then stared coldly at Jiang Cheng again. Hua Cheng grabbed Jiang Cheng's throat angrily while clutching his saber in his other hand. - "Now take your filthy hand off my little brother before I cut it off."

Jiang Cheng immediately obeyed Hua Cheng's command and let go of the omega. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw that some people who were next to them or around them had noticed them. Many went on, but some stopped and started whispering among themselves.

Jiang Cheng didn't try to fight Hua Cheng because he realized that if he did, he would lose the fight again. This time, however, there would be witnesses to his defeat. Jiang Cheng also knew that Hua Cheng was much stronger than him.

Wei Ying quickly ran behind his brother after he no longer felt the painful grip of Jiang Cheng on his arm. Xie Lian, standing behind Hua Cheng, held Wei Ying protectively by his side.

"And, now? .. What's your plan? .. Are you torturing me? Are you going to kill me too, right here in the middle of the street? Also among people? Would you really do that here?" asked Jiang Cheng after a short silence, when he had finally regained some courage.

"None. I'm not doing anything like that to you. I'm just going to lead you to a quieter place where no one can disturb us and where some people are waiting for you." Hua Cheng responded calmly, which made Jiang Cheng suspicious.

"Who are you talking about? Who are they?"

"You'll find out soon. Let's go."

Hua Cheng removed his hand from the alpha's throat and held Jiang Cheng by his arm instead. Then Hua Cheng turned to Xie Lian.

"You two are waiting for me here. I'll be right back." said Hua Cheng.

Xie Lian and Wei Ying just nodded obediently and then stepped aside from the way.

Hua Cheng set off on the street and took Jiang Cheng to one of the more abandoned houses. As soon as they got behind the house, Hua Cheng stopped and pushed the other alpha in front of him.

"Now you can finally see who's been waiting for you, Jiang Cheng." said Hua Cheng with audible joy in his voice.

Jiang Cheng barely stopped on his own two feet, another horror greeted him. Opposite him stood two angry alphas, from whom emanated the burning, unpleasant, suffocating scent of their own rage. That's when Jiang Cheng realized why Hua Cheng didn't allow the two omegas to follow him; Hua Cheng didn't want the strong scent of the two alphas to have a negative effect on them.

 That's when Jiang Cheng realized why Hua Cheng didn't allow the two omegas to follow him; Hua Cheng didn't want the strong scent of the two alphas to have a negative effect on them