13

The boys had finally stopped arguing. The reason was the beast that stood in front of them. Zoro stood wide eyed, in awe and stared down at the broken blade in his hand.

'H-how did it...' he stuttered. Sanji was beside him looking at the spot where Zoro had struck the snake. There wasn't even a scratch. Despite the boys mutual hatred for each other, sanji wasn;t stupid enough to dismiss the strength of the swordsman. That snake wasn't normal. The speakers in the roof crackled on. 

'Hey boys.' came the little girl's voice. 'This is angel. She is a very special friend of ours here and a very important part of the game. We don't always pull her out if the team is already struggling, but you guys seem capable. I will warn you that your attacks won't work on her, although it would appear you have already noticed that. So, like I said at the beginning, the rules are simple. Survive until your captain gets back.'

The radio switched off and the snake lunged towards the two. In a panic, they both dived opposite ways and ended up crashing into each other. The two only just managed to scramble out of the way of the snake.

'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT SHITTY COOK! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US BOTH KILLED!'

'YOU BASTARD! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!'

The two ran as the snake launched yet another attack.

'Shit.' zoro muttered. 'Whatever you're doing, Hurry it up luffy.'

The little boy had dropped Robin's group off with a group of three before disappearing. There was a middle aged man and woman, and a teenage girl, younger than robin. 

'You three will be staying here for the night.' the man said, smiling. 'Your friends are in a separate hotel room, but you will meet with them tomorrow.' 

'Alright.' Robin agreed. They followed the three others into the hotel and up the many flights of stairs. The building was pretty flash, and more modern than robin would have expected considering it was in such an ... odd town.  

'Here we are.' the girl said, stopping in a hallway containing three doors. 'You may each take your pick of rooms. Feel free to use any of the facilities, including the food in the fridge and clothes in the cupboard. I will be back to collect you tomorrow morning at 9 o'clock for the beginning of your captains phase of the game. I would appreciate it if you could dress and be ready to go before then. As for your outfit, wear something flashy. The captain's phase is something we consider pretty big in this area.' with that, she turned and left. The other two took up posts at the end of the corridor. usopp and chopper gawped at them while robin got first dibs of rooms.

Nami sat on her bed, eating her massive meal of roast vegetables and chicken. She swallowed her last mouthful and sighed, standing and walking towards the door with her plate. Just as she reached it, someone knocked on the door. Nami froze, surprised. 

'Come in.' she called . The door swung open and a woman stood in the doorway. Behind her was a trolley laiden with deserts. She took nami's plates and pushed the next course into the room. Nami was shocked at the quality of their treatment, and wondered whether her captain was being treated the same way. 

'T-thanks.' nami stuttered as the girl turned and bowed, leaving her with her meal. 'Some service.' nami muttered, closing her door and beginning her delicious pudding. 

The poor cooks had been streaming in and out of Luffy's room for hours. No matter how much they cooked, he devoured it in seconds. They had switched their focus from quality to quantity, but they were still struggling. 

'Who the hell feeds this guy?' one of the cooks muttered, thinking he was out of the captain's earshot.

'That would be sanji. He's a great cook, but he always gives the girls more than me.' luffy said, mouth full of everything he could fit in it. Then he grinned, swallowing. 'You shipped him off someplace else though. Say, do any of you know what he and Zoro are doing?' The cooks promptly paled and shook their heads. Of course, they knew exactly where he was, but they weren't permitted to share that information with the captain. Luffy being luffy completely ignored their hardly plausible lie and turned his attention back to his food, shrugging.