6

Luffy had been awake for a while, listening to Nami's story. 'Don't ever forget that name. One day, this guy is going to be the king of the pirates.' Luffy opened his eyes to stare at his navigator. Her eyes were filled with adoration. He felt his face heat up, although he doubted anyone would notice because of how pale he was at the moment. 

'You know.' he piped up, startling Nami, who went pink with embarrassment after realising her captain had heard every word she had said. She turned away. The children, who were wide eyed in awe, turned to Luffy, who slung an arm around Nami's shoulders, grinning.

'This lady is our navigator, and she's the best in the world. She can predict the weather!' Luffy said. The children all looked from luffy to nami in amazement. Then one of them stepped forwards. 

'So you have a bounty of 100,000,000 beri, right?' he asked. Luffy nodded. The kid then pointed to Zoro who was still playing pool and doing his best to ignore the stares.

'And him? 60,000,000? What is he?' Luffy grinned. 

'Well, he's Roronoa zoro.'

Comprehension dawned in the kids faces as their jaws fell open. Luffy continued.

'He's our swordsman, and a pretty damned good one at that. He wants to defeat Hawkeye Mihawk and become the world's greatest swordsman. I'm sure he will someday.' The kids continued pointing out various members of the crew, and Luffy continued to explain who they were. Nami zoned out, still pressed against her captain's side with his arm around her shoulder. 

The kids had gone to their parents while dinner was being served. Everyone had begun to cue up. Sanji had gotten himself into a competition with the lady from the bar and so everyone was trying their dishes to say who won. Luffy didn't move from where he was, as Nami was zoned out and he didn't feel the need to disturb her.

He was hungry, but he knew he shouldn't eat before the villagers because he'd eat everything. Plus, the weird food that lady had given him had, somehow, filled his bottomless stomach enough that he wasn't desperate. And so he sat there, for once not joining in with the party.

His stomach still hurt like hell and he knew chopper couldn't do anything more for it. Plus, he was still exhausted from carrying Nami through the forest. The serenity of the corner was disturbed when Sanji appeared with a plate of steaming food he had prepared for nami. He gawped down at Luffy for a second before his mind seemed to process what was going on.

During that time. Nami came around and looked up at Sanji, and, upon noticing his look, seemed confused. Then she realised her current position curled up against her captain and went red, hurriedly standing up and taking the food. Luffy just laughed. It was at that moment that the doors crashed open and a silhouetted figure stood in the arch.

The room went silent. Children were called back to their parents. The people huddled into tighter groups. Luffy looked up at the figure in the doorway, picking his hat up and placing it on his head.

The figure scanned the room, his eyes landing on zoro where they stopped. He turned and muttered something to a man standing behind him. Then he stepped forwards into the light. He was a tall man wearing an unbuttoned white shirt. His browny-orange hair was pulled back into a man bun, and one of his eyes was covered by an eye patch. He smoked a cigar. 

'you.' he said, pointing at Zoro. 'you look familiar.' Zoro met his gaze, completely calm. Threatening, almost. 

'I just have one of those faces.' He replied, leaning on the cue again. A little kid ran up to the man and tugged on his shirt. The man looked down on him and sniggered, disgust evident on his face.