"Hey, is that your sister over there?" Nick pointed across the bar to point to Lexie. Meredith turned her head and saw Lexie laughing and flirting with Mark. She nodded.

Whilst she was lost in her angry thoughts about how that should be her and Derek, she'd wish she'd never looked away or taken her eye off her drink.

|

Derek's lonely thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. "It's 5am" he mumbled as he stood up and unlocked the door.

"Amy?"

He frowned as he looked at his little sister whom he hadn't seen in almost a year. "What are you doing here?" He said as he hugged her tight. "Mark called, said I needed to come see you" she said as she pulled away and stepped into his apartment. "I don't really know why but- oh-" she said but stopped when she saw the alcohol spread across the coffee table and floor.

"Derek..." she said slowly as she walked into the the kitchen and began searching his cupboards for a trash bag. "Please don't start" he groaned. "Apparently you had a girlfriend back in Seattle?" She asked casually as she began emptying out the bottles and throwing them in the bag. "Did Mark tell you?" He laughed satirically. "No, mom actually. Apparently she got you over Addison" Amelia shrugged.

He didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say. He felt embarrassed, and alone, and all he wanted was Meredith but he feared he'd burnt that bridge now.

|

"You're very young and beautiful for a Chief of Surgery. Usually they're all old and wrinkly" Nick joked. Meredith laughed loudly with him, rolling her eyes playfully at him.

"I try my best" she giggled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to his body. She looked up to him for a moment, noting his blue eyes. They're just like Derek's.

"What do you say we get out on here?" He whispered in her ear as he grabbed her hand. I miss Derek. I really wish Derek was here.

She nodded and stumbled towards the door with him before she ran into Mark. "Woah, Meredith, slow down there. How much have you had to drink?" Mark asked as he held her upright, her body barely able to hold herself up. "T-too many tequila and I miss Derek" she slurred before freeing from his hold and reconnecting with Nicks hand, following him up the stairs and out the bar.

She'd barely made it to the top step when she felt his lips crash on hers and stubbled outside with him as they exchanged tongues and moans.

She pulled away suddenly, realisation hitting her. "I have a boyfriend" she said. Nick sighed as he gently eased her around the side of the bar, out of the light and into the shadows. "Well your boyfriends not here now" he said before kissing her hard again, this time his grip tight on her hip.

Although his comment was nonchalant, it hurt her because it was the reality that she couldn't seem to grip lately. And now she was here, kissing another man, but she couldn't get control of herself. Every time her brain told her to stop or pull away, nothing would happen. She wasn't even kissing him, her whole body felt tingly yet numb, hot yet cold.

He had her body trapped against the wall with his as his hand had pushed up her shirt as he gripped at her breast. It hurt, no part of this was sexy, no part of this felt like the way Derek, or any other guy, had been with her. This felt forceful.