CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

"So how has your stay been since you came here?" Monique asked as she took a sip from her drink.

After we ran into each other, she decided she wanted to be my personal tour guide when she found out I just moved here. She took me around for a while before we stopped to get something to eat.

"It's great, I'm loving the new environment." I replied as I looked around seeing people coming in and out of the small restaurant. The food here was amazing and the environment was refreshing. I'm definitely coming back.

"Good, Good." She took a bit of her chicken and nodded.

We talked more while we ate and before I knew it, it was getting late so we parted ways after we exchanged numbers promising to meet up again. After I arrived home I got Avan cleaned up then fed him after which he fell asleep. Monique texted me asking if I got home safely. I smiled as i responded. She was a really nice person and I was glad I met her. 

I took a shower and then got ready for bed. Laying down, I stared at the ceiling thinking about Theo which led to me crying again. I don't even know when I fell asleep.

Theo's POV

"Sir, Mr Sullen is here to see you." my assistant informed me. I nodded for him to let him in.

"Theo, you need to stop doing this to yourself. Your woman is out there somewhere with your child and you're here drinking yourself to death. Man this isn't you......" Jeff began as he folded his arms to his 

Another one of his lectures. I knew the moment he walked in here that was what he was going to do. It's what he's been doing everyday for the last month. I don't even care what he says anymore. She left. She was the one who felt I wasn't good enough for her anymore. She was the one who found another man and ran away with him. So all this talk about my woman is bullshit. The moment she left was the moment she became dead to me. I didn't want anything to do with her anymore.

I looked up at him as I took a swing of the bottle of brandy I had in my desk. I knew I was drunk because I felt nothing. Just the way I liked it. All I've been doing was drinking, hardly got any work done lately. But that's why I have an assistant. 

"Are you even listening to me!?" he shouted in my face as he slammed his hands on my desk.

"No." I grunted out and took another swing. His nose flared up and I almost laughed at how funny he looked but he grabbed the bottled from my hand. 

"Hey,"

"Don't hey me. Get your ass up, we're going to get you sobered up and then we're going to take a trip to Jamaica."

"Who are we and why are we going to Jamaica?"

"You, me, Brad and Dave. And we are going there because that's where Zuri is."

"What? How do you know that? Why did she go so far? Is she okay? When do we leave?"

I don't know if it was the alcohol but my heart started to beat faster at the mention of her name. I was going to see her again...... Wait she left me. She's with someone else. I- I don't love her anymore. She doesn't mean anything to me, not anymore. 

"I'm not going."

"Yes you are. You are coming, even if it's just for your son."

I looked at him hesitantly and rubbed my hands down my face. I suddenly didn't feel drunk anymore. Everything in me was telling me that I was lying to myself. That I should go for my woman because no matter what i still love her, that i still care about her. But I was too stubborn. 

"Only for my son."

Zuri's POV

Today we were going to the beach. Avan was doing so much better. Monique was God sent and Avan loved her. Anytime I went over to her house they would always be playing and she did everything to make him happy. I just wish it was Ash that he was bonding with so much.

I met her family and let me tell you, it was a lot of them. She brought me to the family house and I understood why she moved out. They were so welcoming and fun to be around. We played games, talked, laughed and even danced. Dancing with them made me realize how bad of a dancer I am. It was such an amazing time I forgot all about my worries. 

They were having a family beach trip and I was invited. We had to leave very early because we had a long journey to travel. Everyone got ready and we all got in a bus which took us to our destination, Negril.

There was lots of food and drinks packed for the long day. 

"What made you come to Jamaica of all places?" Monique ask as we sat under a large tree in the sand. Everyone was playing football except her grandmother and mother. Avan was hungry so I had to sit back and feed him, Monique stayed with me. 

I looked over at her nervously and bit my lip, contemplating whether or not I wanted her to know the real reason I was here. Against my better judgement, I decided to tell her. Well not everything. Just that Theo's parents had threaten me and how I left Avan in a hospital bed.

"Girl what? How yuh fi lef yuh man jus so? What if you are the first person he wants to see when he wakes up? And a wah could a do your in-law dem? A swear your life comin like a show."

(How could you leave your man just like that), (And what is wrong with your in-laws), (I swear your life is a movie)

"I know, I know, I just thought it would've been better if I left you know? So much was going on and I felt as if I would explode if I stayed any longer." 

She nodded understandingly and hissed her teeth. 

"I understand you. Sometimes it's you take yourself away from a situation before it kills you, both literally and figuratively." She let out a sigh and leaned back against the tree and fold her arms while looking over at her family. 

"You know, we weren't always this happy and tolerable, my family I mean." She started with a sigh, a frown appeared on her face. 

"Something happened some years ago and it broke us apart. All of us. We were in a he said, she said situation. An elder cousin of mine...... he uhm, he killed my boyfriend of seven years. Said that his girlfriend told him that my boyfriend, my Jason tried to touch her." She let out a bitter laugh and wiped away tears i didn't even realize was running down her face.