Chapter 9 -- João's Train

Yn POV:

I was already dressed and with my shoes on,  I took my mother's car keys and drove to the stadium. The lot was practically empty but the cars they had were good cars. Mercedes, Tesla's, Bugattis...

I parked the car, grabbed my things and left. I was heading towards the entrance when I saw João he was looking down at his cell phone, leaning against the entrance wall. It looked like he was on instagram as he  was watching stories.

--" Hello old man"

He looked up and quickly turned off his cell phone and slipped it into his pocket. I thought it was weird but didn't want to seem nosy so I ignored it.
-- "Hello, what took you so long?" -- He said with a smile on his face, opening the main door for me to pass. --"Ladies first."

-- " Thank you. Sorry it's still 2:56 pm " -- said entering . --  Didn't it Started at 3 ?"

--" Yes"

-- " So I guess I'm not late" -- I Said smiling

--" Hurry up  ! You have 4 minutes to be on the field!!" -- A man said probably it's their coach

--"I'm going in now ok? Try to talk to Rúben's girlfriend, she's nice."

--"Ok ,good luck."

--"Thanks "-- he said running his hand through his hair .

He turned around and went until Rúben throwing himself onto his back, they started to enter the locker room. I turned around and saw Rúben's girlfriend she was walking towards the entrance of the field. I run to get to her.
--"Hi, I'm Yn."

-- Oh hi I'm April !" --  she said greeting me with two kisses on each cheek. -- "I'm Rúben's girlfriend" -- she said with a big smile

While we were talking we entered the stadium.
Wow it's beautiful, it was a sunny day which brought even more color to it. It was red, and the grass was with the  perfect shade of green.

-- "So you're new where!"

--" Yes ,I'm with João . Not that way we are just friends but yea."

--" Uuuu" -- she said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes smiling
she let out a laugh. We sit and wait until they take the field.

--"So how did you and Rúben meet?"

--"I was waiting for you to ask that question" -- she said --"We met at a friends party"

-- "That's cool"

They entered the field and began to warm up. started running and playing.
While João was warming up I caught him looking at me and a teammate of his started to laugh and said something to him, João looked down smiling.

João played well but there are also people with more experience, but that's understandable.

Training lasted about 1 hour. Time passed quickly as I was either looking at João or talking to April.
She was nice !

When the training ended they all gathered on the field in a circle and  after that  some of them  left. Who were the last were their coach and João.

--" It was really Nice to meet you , see you next time." -- April said

-- " Oh and on saturday i'm having dinner if you want you can go there , there will be some players there and stuff. " 

-- " Oww  thats so sweet ! Thanks so ,see you on saturday!" -- I said  to her. She got down and left.

 I sat down and waited for João's coach to finish talking to him so we could leave. The coach finished talking to him and he left but João didn't leave the field.