Adrian?

Come on Simone, what were you thinking?

"Amir, imma need you to be in the van outside, checking the cameras and being ready to drive away," I say.

"mhm," he hums rubbing his jaw.

Why didn't I go for Amir?

"then Sloane will be working in the bar while I'll be a waiter in the VIP lounge to plant the poison?" I say.

"of course boss lady" she smiles.

"then we're all set, on Saturday yeah?" I say.

"yes boss"

I stare at the hard card with bold lifted letters in silver. My eyes fall on the numbers then the name,

Alessandro Lombardi.

I grab my phone typing in the new contact before sending a message. Surprisingly I get an instant reply.

Simone: you said I could text you whenever I wanted.

Alessandro: what's on your mind?

Simone: nothing really, just feeling lonely.

Alessandro: I'll call you.

I barely finish reading the message before the phone starts vibrating. My heart skips a beat, taking a deep breath I slide my thumb over the screen.

"Hi," I say.

"Hey, what are you up to" his deep voice dripping with authority, flows smoothly out of my speaker.

"Nothing really, Alexandra is having a nap," I say.

"mhm" he hums m, I hear the clicking sound from a keyboard in the background.

"you? What are you doing?" laying down on my back staring up at the ceiling.

"working,"

"am I disturbing you?" I say softly.

"not really, your voice is soothing. Sembro un fottuto pazzo," he says. The world's in Italian comes out as a mumble. (I sound like a fucking fool.)

"Why thank you," I say seductively. The other line goes quiet for a few moments, the pattern of the keyboard disappearing for a minute.

"Is there any particular reason for this call Simone?" my name rolls off his tongue nicely.

"well I wanted phone sex but you're working," I say.

"Please don't say that when I'm working. I can't walk around with the consequences of that" he groans.

"you'd get a boner by me talking?" I chuckle into the phone.

"I've got a boner by you talking," he says, I let out a laugh. A small smile blessing my face, I wonder why he doesn't smile.

"I've never seen you smile, why don't you?" I state.

"I do smile,"

"why not around me? I repulse you that much?" I joke hearing a small chuckle from the other side.

"I smile around you,"

"no you don't, your lips barely twitch before you turn your head away" I scoff.

"I do smile around you, you just haven't seen it" he insists.

"Well, I'd like to see you smile" I admit.

"and I'd like to see you naked," he says with no shame.

I can feel my cheeks start to heat. The warm feeling returns yet again. This makes me question what exactly is going on between the two of us.

Lust, yes of course.

Why would I feel any way about someone that has a father who may be the blame for my parents' death.

But is this feeling really lust? Would lust make your stomach turn? Would lust make me feel nervous but so incredibly content when I talk to him?

"don't be so cheeky" I roll my eyes.

"is it going to happen anytime soon?"

"Alessandro, are you asking for nudes?" I voice in disbelief and a little turned on.

"that I didn't say, it's a discreet way of asking you when we will see each other again," he says making the smile on my face grow wider.

"that I have no answer to," I tell him.

"well I do, send me your address and I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow. Alexandria could stay with Star and Gio for a bit if you'd like" he offers.

"she can stay with her aunt, it's fine," I say.

"very well then, I'll see you tomorrow,"

"you will, goodbye Alessandro," I say.

"goodbye Simone"