Chapter 10

That morning was horrible for Katy, she was sick after yesterday walk. It was cold yesterday and now Katy looked like death chicken. She called Nick:

"Hey, can you come please? I'm little bit sick" said Katy wiping her nose with a tissue.

"Sure, should I bring some food?" asked Nick nicely like he was caring about her (actually he was)

"If you can, hot coffee with milk and sandwich would be nice" she said smiling. After a few minutes someone knocked into the door, it was Nick he brought food and two hot cups of coffee from Starbucks. Katy could smell the coffee, she was hungry as wolf. 

After that, Katy decided to stay home for a few days, until she will be okay again. She went to sleep when Nick left. Katy felt like she had no energy to move and stand up. The whole day her nightmare was disturbing her a lot, she almost gave up with that because she thought that nightmare will chase her forever. But Katy knew that she had Nick who is always ready to help her and will never leave her alone. 

So the next day Katy felt better then she was, Nick was waiting for her under her balcony. 

"Should we have a day off?" asked Nick 

"I was thinking about it too" said Katy 

"Where do you want to go?" asked Nick 

"I don't remember all the places here in Brooklyn, but if you will take me somewhere it would be nice" said Katy. They decided to go to the park where trees was high as the sky, with birds who can fly as high as the stars is.

"It's really nice here" said Katy with excitement

"Yes, you will like it here" said Nick 

After the long walk, the sky was bark blue color and you can barely see the stars. They sat on the bench and started talking about Katy's mom and what are they gonna do. The short  hunchbacked woman was going passed them. Katy notice that that woman was the exactly one who she saw in her night mare, she was all in black with red gloves. Katy stand up and said "wait! I need to talk to you!" But the woman slowly turned to her with an evil smile and then she vanished into the air. Katy was in shock, and when she turned to talk to Nick he wasn't there... She started yelling and calling him! Dusk the clouds thickened into the heavy fog. It was hard to see, and Katy was scared to go alone at that late hour. But she promised herself that she will found Nick and her mother even if she will spent ages to do it...