007. | ROUGH NIGHT?

Start from the beginning

After an awkward silence hung in the air, Emery couldn't hold back any longer and broke it with her response. "It's almost as if we're supposed to be a couple, Lando!" she exclaimed, rolling her eyes at him, even though he wasn't directly looking at her. She criticized his seemingly oblivious thought process, believing that it should have been obvious that they would be sharing a room, considering their relationship status—a fact that Lando's team was well aware of, as they had granted Emery the opportunity to accompany him.

"Anyway, I am taking the bed," Emery declared, crossing her arms and turning to face Lando once they finally reached the door of their week-long hotel room. She raised an eyebrow and maintained her assertive posture, making her intentions crystal clear. It wasn't a question but an expectation she had firmly set. However, her attempt at appearing tough was somewhat undermined by a sudden yawn that escaped her, instantly softening her intimidating demeanor in Lando's eyes.

"What do you mean, 'you're taking the bed'?" Lando questioned as he swiped the room key against the lock, opening the door. They stepped into the room, and as Lando switched on the lights, he couldn't help but notice Emery's mesmerized expression.

"Cat got your tongue?" Lando teased, observing that Emery had yet to reply, a smug smile slowly spreading across his face. He watched her with amusement, taking in her reaction to the room.

Emery stood there with wide eyes, her gaze captivated by their surroundings. Lando could swear her eyes sparkled a bit, reflecting the awe she felt. The room exuded luxury, and the view from the window showcased the dazzling streetlights illuminating parts of the circuit and the breathtaking city skyline of Bahrain.

Emery snapped back into reality and started making her way through the room. Her suitcase following right after her.

Once Emery located the bedroom in the suite, she settled herself cross-legged on the bed, lifting her suitcase onto it. Lando followed suit, joining her on the bed without uttering a word.

As Emery opened her suitcase, she retrieved her essentials bag and an oversized shirt. Lando, too, grabbed his toothbrush and a pair of grey sweatpants, opting for simplicity. They both made their way to the bathroom, but just as Lando was about to enter, Emery swiftly turned around and stood at the doorway, momentarily blocking his path.

"I'm going to get changed first, Lan. You can wait," she cheekily smiled at him before shutting the door in his face and locking it. Lando took advantage of the momentary privacy to quickly change into his sweatpants, tossing his "dirty" clothes into a corner of the room.

He heard the click of the door unlocking and soon found Emery standing before him. Finally, Lando made his way into the bathroom, and in silence, they both brushed their teeth.

Once they finished, Emery swiftly applied some skincare before they retreated to the bed. Emery raised an eyebrow, her voice holding a playful tone as she addressed Lando.

"I believe I said the bed was mine," Emery stated matter-of-factly, flashing a smile at him. However, her smile wasn't mirrored by Lando.

Lando erupted into laughter, thinking that Emery was joking. But soon, he realized that she was entirely serious.

"We either share it, or it's mine. I need to race this weekend, Ems!" he protested, trying to convince her with a pouting look on his face. But it was a futile attempt. To Emery, Lando resembled a five-year-old begging for ice cream.

"It's only Tuesday. I'm sure you'll be fine by the weekend, Lan," Emery sighed, her exhaustion evident as she yawned once again. "We'll figure something out tomorrow, but right now, we both need to sleep," she stated, her voice tinged with determination.