🌸Rationality - Alhaitham x Neutral! Reader

Почніть із самого початку

------------------

You jolted awake from your sleep as you breathed heavily, body sweating. Tears escaped your eyes as heavy footsteps came towards you. "(Y/n)! Are you alright? Here, drink some tea." Zhongli patted your head gently as you hugged him, crying in his chest. Zhongli put the tea aside as he hugged you and ran his fingers through your hair. "It's alright, it's alright. I'm here now, you're safe." After a while, you calmed down and broke the hug. Zhongli looked at you in your eyes worriedly. "What happened? It's okay if you don't want to share." You looked down. "I..." You explained everything to Zhongli, from when you decided to leave Sumeru. He listened carefully and occasionally patted you to ease you. "I don't know much about dreams, but I could say that you and this Alhaitham have an unsettled business. This thing might be because either both of you want to know the truth or that the other means dearly to the other. You two should see each other. Talk with each other. Of course it doesn't have to be so soon, but we wouldn't know if this is going to bother you often." You looked down. "I'll.. maybe I'll talk to him later. I need to rest for a while." Zhongli nodded as he gave you one last pat on the head before standing up, smiling. "Then, please rest. I'll be next door if you need me. Goodnight, (y/n)." He left, leaving you by yourself. You laid back and noticed something as you put your hand on your neck. "This necklace..." It was a silver necklace with an emerald gem alongside silver decorations that framed it perfectly. Alhaitham gave you the necklace to match with his as a gift when he first invited you as his roommate. You sighed as you laid down. "Why.. I can't understand you, Haitham." You slowly drifted away as you felt your lids got heavier.

-------------------

"Hey, wake up."
You woke up with heavy breathing and sweating. Worried plastered on Zhongli's face as he kneeled down to look at you. "I know that it's been hard for you, but please, you have to see him. It's for your own good." You looked at him with tears. ".....okay." He sighed as he hugged you. "Come, eat your breakfast. You'll have to go for a long journey after this. I can't simply let you go there without eating anything." He helped you get up and went to the dining table. After you finished your breakfast, you quickly packed your belongings and made your way to Sumeru.

"I wish you a safe journey...."

--------------------

"WHAT!?"
Alhaitham crumbled the note you left for Kaveh as he grabbed Kaveh's collar. "Why didn't you tell me yesterday? Who knows if they got into trouble on their way home? Oh, of course you wouldn't, you don't even care." Kaveh scoffed as he grabbed Haitham's collar. "Listen here, you prick. You say I don't care? Bullshit! I have been friends with them long enough even before you two met and I know them better than you! They always come to me and say how they hate people bad mouth you every time. We both tried our best to cover up for your stupid ideas even though I don't care about you, but I did it all for them and THIS is how you say thank you? I don't care if you thank me or not, but to say that to their face? Hah! I would very much like to kill you right now. Be grateful that at least there's a person who cares for your stupid self." Kaveh glared at Alhaitham before he pushed him and went away. Alhaitham felt guilty and immediately rushed out to find you.

"Why are you making me feel like this? Why do you care so much about me? Please.. be okay."

------------------

"Ah!"
You fell onto the ground hard as you held your hurting leg. "Damn mitachurl." You forced yourself to get up and immediately dashed towards the three mitachurls, gripping tight the sword in hand. "Gaze of the Frost" with a slash from the sword, all the mitachurls were down due to huge icicles impaling them. You fell onto the ground as you looked at your leg which was bleeding a lot. You bit your lip. "How am I supposed to walk then?.." You decided to settle down for a while and treat your leg before continuing the journey. As you finished cleaning and wrapping it with bandages, it was almost dark. You cursed under your breath as you stood up and continue walking. After a long walk, you finally arrived at Gandharva Ville. By the time it was already dark and it's hard to see the surroundings well. You reached for your bag but shocked when you couldn't find it anywhere. "What..?? Did I leave it somewhere- ah..great." You realized that you accidentally dropped it when fighting the mitachurls. They would've destroyed everything by now, you thought. You continued walking in the dark. You didn't have any source of light other than your glowing vision which is cryo, but how would you make light from ice? "Ah, it's so dark.. maybe I sho- AH!"

---------------------

"AH!"
Alhaitham heard a scream and alarmed. "(Y/n)?" He immediately rushed towards the source, but couldn't find you anywhere. Then he went towards the river and saw a few spinocrocodiles surrounding a person with a bleeding leg. He ran towards you and drew his sword.

--------------------

You fell from the uphill into the river and your leg got hit onto the ground hard, causing it to bleed. You hissed in pain, but then something caught your eyes. A few spinocrocodiles were surrounding you, ready to attack. "Oh no.." You couldn't stand up and fight them. As you closed your eyes, heavy footsteps came running towards you, followed by sword slashes. You could heard whoever that person was chasing away the spinocrocodiles for you as you slowly opened your eyes. You were shocked to see Alhaitham in front of you, kneeling. "Alhaitham...?" Your voice cracked as you slowly tear up, making the man pulled you into an embrace. You hugged him tightly as you cried in his chest. "I'm...sorry for saying such thing to you. The truth is, I do appreciate that you cared about me and do all those things, but please, stop burdening yourself. Please don't leave me again." You stopped crying as you looked at him. "I'm sorry too for leaving you without any words. I... I came back because I missed you, Haitham...I need you." Alhaitham put a hand on your cheek as he wiped your tears and smiled. "Don't worry... I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you. I missed you too."

After a while, Alhaitham carried you home bridal style due to your bleeding leg and unable to walk.

........................

There we go. 2089 words, hm? Damn, I really got into it.