Chapter 6: Relaxing At An Inn

A/N:  I am not done with my break from writing. My brain is slowly functioning with ideas again, with ideas for stories. J decided, instead of waiting to publish when I returned from break, to publish whenever I had enough pictures to finish a chapter ot just won't be scheduled and frequent updates like I was doing before taking a break from focusing on writing and trying t get myself to write a chapter each day except for Sunday where I gave myself a break.

Now onto the chapter!

~~~

We had finally arrived at a small town in the Land of Winter, further away from the Hidden Forst village. There were inns and restaurants, as well as many small shops. I followed closely after Orochimaru as I carried Mei and a half-awake Shiro leaning against her side.

I kind of exhausted myself from almost a whole day of travel with two kids tagging along with me. I was really not used to traveling with kids to keep them close and safe.

"We're going to stay for the night!" Orochimaru announced, clearing his still slightly congested throat as we arrived at one of the inns.

"Alright, I'm sure these two are ready for bed," I replied as we walked on inside behind Orochimaru.

Orochimaru nodded as he walked up to the front desk, where a lady with short blonde hair stood. "We want a room for the night."

"We have actually had two rooms left, one with a twin-size bed and a queen-size bed and another with two twin-size beds," The lady replied.

Orochimaru glanced at me curiously.

"Where fine with the first room option," I stated as I shifted Shiro to a different position against my side.

"Okay, here is your room. It's on the second floor, six rooms down the hall," The lady said, heading to the key to Orochimaru.

"Let's go. We have more traveling ahead of us tomorrow, " Orochimaru said, taking the key and walking toward the stairs after leaving the money for tonight's stay.

"Yeah, let's get you two in bed," I said, looking at the two sleeping heads as I carried them upstairs to our room to sleep for the night.

~~~~

We finally arrived at the in-room, and Orochimaru pulled out the key and unlocked the door to the room. I followed him inside with Mei and Shiro and went over to the twin-size bed, and placed them on down.

Orochimaru then walked past me and into the bathroom and closed the door.

"He must be going to the bathroom to shower or use it," I said as I pulled out one of my scrolls in my pouch and took out two pairs of pajamas.  The first one was a cute kitty onesie, and the other was a shirt with the moon and pants with stars.

I gently lifted Mei and took off her shirt and shorts as I picked up the kitty onesies and put them on her

I gently lifted Mei and took off her shirt and shorts as I picked up the kitty onesies and put them on her.  I then placed the old clothes down on the floor before taking off Shiro's shirt and putting on the dark blue shirt with the moon on him instead.

"Now your pants, and then you're all ready for bed," I said softly, not to wake him up as I took his pants off and smiled at his moon boxers matching his shirt as I tiss the pants to the side so I could get his pajama pants on.

The moment both of them changed, they covered the blankets over them and grabbed the dirty travel clothes, and put them to the side as I walked over to the giant bed and opened another scroll, and took out my own clothes, which were a grey and white nightgown with grey pants.

'Now, time to get myself ready for the night.' I thought, taking off my shirt and pants before picking up my nightgown as. I heard the door creak slightly and glanced back to see no moving any farther.

I turned back to bed and picked up the nightgown, and put it on, and turned t face the door as I put on my pants on."Alright, good to go," I said, picking up the scroll and putting it back into my pouch, and moving my clothes to a pile with Mei and Shiro's dirty clothes.

"Done getting change, I see," Orochimaru said with a less congested throat, walking out of the bathroom wearing a purple short sleeve shirt with a black snake on it and black pants.

"Yes, thanks for not walking out while I was changing," I said softly."It also sounds like the shower cleared up your throat."

"Sure thing, and yes, the heat helped," Orochimaru replied with a shrug and walked over to the bed."We leave after breakfast," He said, getting in the bed on the left side.

"I'll join you soon after leaving these here," I said, placing a bag of chips on the stand next to the bed Shiro and Mei were asleep in."If they wake up hungry, though, Mei mostly sucks on her chips."

"They have been asleep for hours, sure. They're going to be waking up," Orochimaru commented.

"Who knows, but I would rather be prepared just in case," I stated, climbing into bed on the right of Orochimaru with a bit of space between us as Orochimaru shifted over more to the left. 

"That enough space for you or move some more?"

"No, you're okay, and you can lay closer. It's not like you will attempt anything since you didn't come out while changing.  So I trust you."

"If you're sure."

I nodded, yawning slightly as I turned on my side, and Orochimaru rolled back closer to me but left a small gap between us.

"Good night Oro," I said softly, drifting on off to sleep.

"It's Orochimaru, but goodnight anyway."

🐾🐾

Here we go. Chapter five of my story, called, The Tale of a Snake and the Snow Leopard, has been published. In this chapter, Yuki, Shiro, Mei, and Orochimaru stop for the night at an inn before continuing the journey to the Hidden Leaf Village. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 1000