Chapter 4: Yuki's Destiny

It has been a few days since Orochimaru started staying here to recover from his cold. He has been a quiet house guest since learning about Yuki's past. He hadn't spoken much, only made sounds or any noise when he coughed or sneezed, and the only thing he really said now was thank you whenever someone blessed him.

Yuki was currently eating breakfast with her brother and cousin and eating breakfast when she noticed that Orochimaru was awfully spaced out this morning. That he hasn't said anything since she blessed him earlier.

"You okay, Orochimaru?" She pulled him out of his trace." You're quieter than usual that you have even thanked me for saying bless you," She stated.

"My bad, I was just thinking," Orochimaru said. "Thank you, by the way, for blessing me and breakfast," He told her politely before returning to eating his breakfast.

"You're welcome, but if something is on your mind, you can tell me," She said. "You listen to me, and I will do the same."

"Yeah, sis, listen to your boyfriend's worries," Shiro chuckled as he finished his eating his fish-snapped waffles and Onigiri.

"Boyfriend?" Mei questioned with a cute confused face as he picked up a small piece of her waffle.

"You're still too young to know what that means, Mei," Yuki said. " Also, he is not my boyfriend anyway," She blushed, embarrassed her brother was still saying that.

"Keep telling yourself that," Shiro chuckled, grabbing his cup of tea and taking a sip.

"Anyway, go ahead and talk. I'm listening," Yuki said, focusing her attention on Orochimaru.

Orochimaru coughed, feeling a tickle in his nose before he spoke.

"Tomorrow, I'm thinking of continuing my journey to the Hidden Leaf Village," Orochimaru said. "It has been three days now since I stopped here to rest about time I left to continue heading home to report on my mission success."

Shiro looked at his older sister, curious about her reaction to the fact that Orochimaru was leaving. He still didn't believe she didn't have a crush on him.

"If you're leaving, then let me come with you," Yuki suddenly said.

"What...?" Orochimaru said, taken back at her response as he looked at her speechless. Which Yuki thought was a cute expression on his face.

"You're not fully recovered from your cold. It is best if I go with you, so you don't faint. I won't allow you to leave unless you take me with you," She stated more firmly.

Her statement was met with silence as Orochimaru continued to stare at her like she had gone mad. He had no idea where all this was coming from suddenly. Shiro looked at her surprise as well until he smirked.

"Wow, smooth well of showing he, not your boyfriend," Shiro commented.

Yuki blushed slightly as she realized how embarrassing her behavior was just now and wasn't back to eating her breakfast.

"You're serious about this, aren't you?" Orochimaru asked, a troubled look on his face.

"I have never been more serious in my life," Yuki stated, unable to stop herself.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry, but no," He said and turned away for a second before continuing as he released a quick sneeze into his arm. "I'm well enough on my own, and besides, you have two kids to take care of," He said as he turned back towards her.

Yuki hummed briefly, narrowing her eyes at him. "Your fever might be gone, but your child still not; also, bless you, by the way, and I can take my brother and cousin with me. I believe that a change of scenery will do them good."