Shinichiro // The Story of Us

Start from the beginning

To be honest, you don't hate him... it's the opposite, actually. Despite his inflated ego, he's a good kid. Even with his desire to beat you in every way, he is still considerate of you.

It's his small gestures, and acts of kindness that he didn't even realize he had, that drew you to him. When you were younger, you both joined the volleyball team. He always brings two bottles of water with him. One is for him, and the other is for you. His reasoning? He can't beat you if you are dehydrated as he wanted a fair fight.

Funny for some, but sweet for you. That's just one of many examples of his kindness, and listing them all would take a couple of pages in your notebook. And, because of his annoying persistence, your day will not be complete without his presence, as if he is now a part of your life.

Shinchiro can say the same thing. Even though you are annoyingly confident, cold at heart, and have a fist of iron, his day isn't complete if he doesn't see your face—the face that he wants to annoy forever.

Now that Shinichiro is not here to pester you, You're enjoying the peaceful walk to school, but the peace didn't last long as your gaze was drawn to his hideous hairstyle, which stood out from the crowd of students. This is what he called his quote—unquote: delinquent era.

He's at the school gate, waiting for you with a huge smirk on his face. You tried to ignore him, but you know damn well that he will not let you pass until your nerve pops on your forehead.

"Huh, slowpoke. I beat you today! I came here first." Shinichiro proudly said. "Getting rusty, y/n? Stay that way and before you know it, I already beat your ass."

Pursing your lips together, you marched back. Shinichiro flinched and took a step back until his back reached the wall. "Well, congratulations. Do you want candy or something?" You asked in a sarcastic tone,

Shinichiro looked away, "You're—you're close."

"Why? Are you getting nervous?"

Shinichiro scoffed and forced himself to look at you but damn, his legs are getting weak. "Me? Nervous? Why?"

"Oh, I don't know." You leaned in closer. "Because I'm close."

"Ha—ha. I am not nervous."

"What if I kiss you?"

"Ki—Kiss?" gulping a couple of times, Shinichiro slowly closed his eyes and hesitantly pout his lips. You can see his lips trembling which made you smirk. His tiny hair all over his body raised when he felt your breath, brushing his lips. This is it! I'm going to kiss y/n!

"Dude, what are you doing? The bell is about to ring soon." Wakasa said, tapping his friend's shoulder. Shinchiro quickly opened his eyes and noticed that you had vanished.

"y/n!!!" He exclaimed loudly and quickly looked inside the school grounds, where he saw you, walking while grinning and sticking your tongue out.

"HA! She outsmarted you, again. You're such a simpleton, Shin." Benkei said and walked past his friends. Waka shook his head, trying to yeet the secondhand embarrassment from his nerve, and followed the tall lad, leaving Shinichiro, burying himself in his grave... metaphorically.

You might be wondering when it all started. At the time, they were ten years old, Shinichiro was bullied because rumors about him attending the floral design class spread, and other kids in their neighborhood weren't having it, saying he likes girly things and isn't fit to play with them. That he's frail and only uses Grampa Sano's dojo to hide his femininity.

Things got heated and the kids ended up beating him to a pulp. He was crouching to protect himself from the kicks when he heard a familiar voice "Hey! What's wrong with doing floral designs? It's not just for girls! guys can do it too! Your toxic masculinity is oozing and it stinks! I think Shinichiro is cool! He's 1000% cooler than all of you combined."