Before the End: Thyme POV

Começar do início

He is nearer now.

Unexpectedly, when he approaches, he gives my arms a squeeze.

And blame it on lack of sleep. Or on the craziness of the past few weeks but I forget my pledge to take it slow and instead pull on Kavin's belt loops drawing him in for a kiss.

I expected to be pushed away. Admonished for my behavior outside his workplace of all places. But instead, Kavin cups my face and opens his mouth, as if an invitation. My tongue accepts - entering him, exploring him, conquering him.

He hisses and squeezes my hip then suddenly pulls away.

He turns red and stiff.

"We need to talk," he says, eyes downcast.

"What did you want to talk about?"

He fidgets.

"Well, how about I start? Vin, I..."

"Thyme please- "

"...would like to apologize for trying to kill you."

Kavin laughs, relief makes him exhale. "You're not forgiven."

"I was under mind control!"

"How about you treat me to everything I want at Mcdonalds and we'll call it even."

"Done. You driving?"

He nods and pulls out his keys.

We start walking towards the open parking lot.

"What did you want to talk about?," I ask Kavin as we neared his rental Civic. His Porsche, unfortunately, was nothing but scrap metal now.

"Can we get some fries first?" He says ducking into the car.

I slip inside and decide to keep quiet.

For awhile, we forgot about everything.

There was just me, him, a lot of  fast food, and some music.

But as our stock of fries dwindled, Kavin's unease started to show again.

"Whatever it is Vin, I can take it. I am big boy," I assure him, giving his hand a gentle tap before putting my own back on my lap.

"There's a good ice cream place in Samut Prakan, right? Is it still there?"

"Probably. We could check it out."