𝟐𝟐 || 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐬𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

You desperately wanted to persist on asking, but decided to be patient. Sat on one of the bar tools of your kitchen counter, you waited.

"I felt lonely and I immediately thought of calling you."

"..." you truly didn't know what to reply.

"Was i wrong in doing that?"

You froze.

"I suppose I was. I'm sorry for bothering-"

"No!" You cut him off, in a panic. "You weren't wrong. I'm glad you called."

"... Really?"

"Yes. Despite how tired I am right now, I think talking to you is just what I needed."

"Even though we saw each other earlier?" He sounded like he genuinely wanted an answer.

"... It doesn't matter. If we feel like talking to each other right now, then we should. No?" You laughed lightly.

"I'm so happy right now." He giddily chuckled.

"Why?"

"Because that's exactly what I wanted to hear."

You blushed furiously. Why was he acting so weird?

"Do you know where I am right now?" He asked playfully, giggling a bit.

"At work?"

"No. Guess again."

"At home?"

"No."

"I don't know I give up." You smiled.

"I'm at a bar near your café."

Your eyes suddenly shot wide open as you stood up from your seat. "A bar?! Dawn what are you doing there? I-I thought you said you didn't like alcohol!" You ran to your door and put your shoes on.

"Well I ordered a virgin cocktail but I think they got my order mixed up... ha.. funny." He scoffed as his voice got unstable. "Funny how disgusting it tastes."

"Is the bar called..." you tried remembering the name. You were unfamiliar with it since you didn't drink. "High Heat!"

"Yeah! How'd you know? Well, I always knew you were smart..."

"Your replies are getting more and more... drunk."

"I think the alcohol's kicking in..." you could hear him trying to hold back a vomit.

"Oh god! Okay. Okay, okay, okay, okay..."

"I need help. I can't go home."

"Trust me, I can tell."

"Get your ass over here... I need help."

You froze, right before you could open your door.

Did he just...