🎴TᗯEᑎTY TᗯO🎴

Start from the beginning

She didn't respond.

Kakucho signed before saying, "Jun, I know yesterday was an awful situation, but you can't just sit there and feel sorry for yourself,"

She didn't respond while he continues to speak in a softer voice, "But... I don't blame you, though. I completely understand why you didn't take my advice. I know it's hard to turn against your own morals just to save other people."

He felt like he's talking to a wall when she didn't even move a muscle. He waited for a moment she would open her mouth to say something, but she's still motionless as a brick.

"Ugh, these motivational statements aren't working." Kakucho mumbled to himself, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I've been practicing this since earlier,"

"If you're not going to move your ass in there, I'll have no choice but to drag you out of this room." he warned and still no movements from the female cop. "Hey I'm serious ok? Don't make me force you to get off the bed,"

"I'm not hungry..." she lied in a hoarse voice. She gradually builds this little confidence on herself to say this simple words.

Kakucho let out a hard breath, "You expect me to believe you? You did nothing but to black out and became a punching bag." he's was attempting to seem sarcastic or humorous so she would understand that he had no malicious intent.

The fact that Jun couldn't deny that she had become one caused her brows to furrow. She simply didn't answer afterwards; perhaps this would convince him to stop talking and leave her alone.

The scarred man exhaled and crossed his arms while leaning against the wall. He rolled his tongue against his cheek while keeping his eyes on the ground. As neither of them dared to speak, he allowed the room to remain completely silent.

Her blank thought causes her to zone out again, while his mind is pooled to how he can get her off the room. Even though he threatened to physically remove her from the room, he still has no desire to do so... he's not the type of person to force out people.

Kakucho's eyes darted at her briefly before returning to the ground. He asked her, "Aren't you curious about that thing that looks like a bracelet on your wrist?"

He could see that he had her attention just by asking this question as she slightly raised her head. She nearly forgot the device that was embedded on her wrist.

"You must have been bothered by it, you just slept for a day and then suddenly, that appeared out of nowhere."

Jun stared at the bracelet on her wrist, "You..." she breathed, "You put this on me, didn't you?"

"No," Kakucho responded swiftly.

"What's the use of this for?" eagerness resulted to a rough tone on her voice. This time, she asked while turning around, which caused them both to look at each other in the eyes. Both of them had an impression of each other immediately.

Jun was stunned that he's wearing different clothes now. He wears a casual white hoodie, a denim coat, and a pants instead of his usual suit and trench coat. A black cap on his hand.

Kakucho, on the other hand, guessed correctly. The reason why the dot on her bracelet was blinking, she cried all day long.

"Maybe it's better to talk about this once we already eat. I doubt you're not in your right state of mind if you're hungry,"

Her teeth gritted, "Just answer my question-"

"I'll be waiting outside when you're ready," he interfered, he stood himself and went towards the door, "If you want your questions to be answered, don't think about letting me wait for a long time. You knew to yourself that you're eager to know what's about to happen to you," then he exited the room.

Son of a bitch, Jun clicked her tongue after he left. The eagerness in her body made her bolt to rise from the bed. She grabbed her jacket and put it on her as she went towards the door.

She had no choice but to follow what he said.

Before she could even reach the doorknob, she made sure that she sniffed her nose and wiped all the tears visible on her face. She just ignored the redness in her eyes.

She opened the door.

Kakucho's mouth quirked up. "Hm, that was quick," there are no guards, just his body leaning on the wall besides the door.

"Just make this quick," she snarled while walking towards the hallways as if she owns the place, she purposely made her steps bigger just to keep away from him. Kakucho just followed her towards the elevator.

Both of them didn't bother to mutter a word. Luckily, the elevator immediately opened after Kakucho pressed the downward button.

He motioned her to step into the elevator first. Jun instantly saw her reflection against the wall of the elevator, and she wiped her eyes immediately, Shit, I cried this hard? she thought.

"I just noticed something," Kakucho said.

"What?" she annoyingly asked. She leaned her back on the elevator and kept distance with him.

After letting the device scanned his fingerprint, he pressed the ground button. "You're still as short as before. I expected you to at least grow an inch," he teased. 

"Fuck you," she kicked his leg, but not purposely strong enough to hurt him.

"Ow," he chuckled while he wore the cap on his head, lowering his hair that made them cover his long scar.

The elevator closed. 

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 :)