Chapter one

I opened my eyes, to see Brimstone's office. But before I could note anything, I was hit by a massive wave of exhaustion.

My legs almost gave out, and I grabbed a wall near me, leaning on it for support. I became thankful I was shot on my left arm as I was leaning on my right. I shut my eyes again, and focused on breathing. I heard Brimstone's muffled voice.

After a few minutes, I reopened my eyes, still leaning up against that wall. Brimstone was standing in front of me, arms out in case he had to catch me. I looked at him, and weakly smiled.

"Glitch, are you alright? What happened to your arm?" He asked, but I had no strength to reply. God, who knew teleporting across the earth would be this tiring?

I heard someone come in. I saw a girl look at me. The healer I had killed earlier.. But this time, it was the actual her. I lost consciousness entirely, and fell towards Brimstone.

~~~~~

I woke up in a bed a while later. It was not my own. I opened my eyes and saw the healer, she was sitting at a desk, doing something with crystals? She turned around and noticed I was up.

"Ah, Glitch! You're awake. I healed your arm, and hopefully you should be more awake. My name is Sage" She greeted me, and my heart came into my mouth. The memories of killing such a nice person haunted my memories.

"I need to tell Brimstone! I- I can't.. He.." I tried to speak but the words just didn't make sense.

"It's okay, take a deep breath. I'll take you to Brimstone. It must be urgent if you teleported across the planet to tell him." She held out a hand and I took it, pulling me up.

I followed her, and looked at the other agents in silent horror. The memories of fighting them. The horrific ways I killed them. They are so good to eachother, but I had no choice. I kept my eyes glued to the ground, following Sage into Brimstone's office.

"Glitch! Long time, no see. What's up?" He asked, warm yet concerned. He pulled out a chair for me to sit on and I did. Sage excused herself.

I explained to him my findings. What the Cyber said, how Killjoy found a new way to utilise radianite, everything. He looked at me in shock, in horror. I stared back with a similar expression.

"Okay.. That's.. A lot. I will call a meeting with some of my most trusted agents this instant. Wait here" He stormed out of the room, leaving me sitting there awkwardly. I stood up and leant against a wall. I pulled on an elastic band I always kept on my right wrist, mindlessly flicking it on my hand. It left red marks, but I never minded. They fade eventually.

I heard the door open and close. I looked up and saw a man in a white coat, with a white hat and a black mask. Fuck, it's Cyber. You've gotta be kidding me.

"You're having a fucking laugh" I said softly as he walked in. He looked at me.

"Hm? I'm having a laugh?" He tilted his head in confusion slightly.

"Huh? Oh- no. I've just fought your clone a few times, I don't wanna speak about what I've had to do" I said the last part in a darker voice, and he just looked at me emptily.

"Ah, I have with you a few times. I do have to say, you are the biggest problem" He laughed gently at the end.

"You're lucky clones are slightly weaker than our real versions. Otherwise you'd be fucked. I do 1v5s for a living."

This sprung into a conversation, it was nice. I don't talk to many, aside from my enemies, and a few odd conversations with whoever helps me heal. We continued talking as others entered the room , some joined our conversation. Cyber was rather playful, but still serious.

"Cyber, how do your cameras even work?" I asked, and he suddenly just stared at me. "What? Is it a secret?"

"Did you just call me Cyber?" He asked, I could hear him begin to laugh.

"Is that not your name?" I felt my face begin to turn red as he shook his head, he laughed at me and I did too. "Ahh, sorry! I thought it was Cyber"

"Cypher, my name is Cypher" He laughed and I smiled at him.

"Alright. Everyone, sit" Brimstone ordered as the final person came into the room. We all sat at a big meeting table in an extension of his office. I sat with Cypher to my left and Brimstone to my right, at the head of the table.

"This is Glitch, everyone. Glitch, this is Cypher, Sage, Viper, and Sova." I looked at them and they all silently greeted me in some way. I briefly recalled murdering their clones, and shuddered at the thought. Sage noticed and gave me an 'are you okay?' look, I waved her off.

Brimstone handed it to me to explain, and I did so. The agents looked astonished, as every person had been when told.

We knew a plan had to be made, but we were unsure. With the limited information, it couldn't be perfect. But it would have to do regardless. We tried making a plan, but we would always find a barrier. Like a team may not be strong enough, or there was a flaw the enemy could easily bypass.

We eventually called the meeting off. I was to stay in Valorant HQ as I was essential to the plan. Sage was ordered to take me to my room, and she did so. The other agents were sent to speak to the agents, so everybody was caught up.

Sage showed me to my room, and I liked it. It was nice. Decorated to look cosy, exactly how I liked it. It was about 4pm, and I just laid in my bed and thought about everything. I took a quick shower, and freshened up after all the chaos. I dried my hair on a towel, and went for a walk, it now being about 5pm.

I walked around the HQ, it was years since I'd been there. It was strange, seeing the familiar walls yet again. It was nice, however. I found some sort of main area, and saw a few people there. I recognised Phoenix, and sighed automatically. I then remembered this was the real him, and not some clone. A German sounding voice took me from my thoughts.

"Hey! You're the new agent, aren't you? Well.. not new. But I've never met you! I'm Killjoy" She smiled brightly, making me jump at the sudden noise. I'm not the best with loud noises.

"Ah, hello! I'm Glitch, lovely to meet you" I grinned back at her, she was friendly.

She urged me to come over and speak with some of the other agents. I followed. They introduced themselves as Neon, Jett, and Raze. We spoke for a while, it was a nice talk.

We spoke for a few hours, and I decided to go to sleep.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed now. Goodnight" I smiled, and turned to walk away.

"Wait! Here." Killjoy handed me a bar of something. "I know you probably shouldn't have chocolate before bed, but I noticed you didn't eat. Besides, I do it all the time, and look at me!" She grinned widely and I thanked her, before actually walking off to my room.

I sat down on my bed and flopped backwards, wanting nothing more than to sink into the warm comfort of said bed. I forced myself to get up and change into some joggers and a sweater to sleep. I practically flew into bed, and quickly snuggled up in the blankets.

I thought about my day, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

What a day.