Prologue

I was fighting another battle, all alone.

Brimstone always had high expectations of me, and I never minded. At least, not until they began to be out of reach.

Every day, they grow stronger. Slowly, they become more powerful, more smart, and more unpredictable. And when I began to struggle, I felt I had to hide it from Brimstone. Every injury, every struggle, hidden away. What would he think if I told him I wasn't strong enough?

And that's how I end up in this situation. Hidden behind a corner, up against 4 enemies.

I killed one with white hair. She was flying around, a difficult target to get. But one lucky headshot and she was down. But there's still 4 to go. 

I peeked around the corner but quickly had to return, a bullet narrowly missing my head. I quickly glitched through reality, and ran out to get a better look. There were 2 that I could pick off. One with tied up black hair - their healer - and one with short blue hair. I returned to my usual body and peaked around the corner, swinging out obnoxiously far.

A risky move, I know. But it worked. Their weapons were aimed too close, and I quickly managed to kill them. I found another spot to take cover in, and thought about the next two to kill. 

"Careful now" I heard, and my feet suddenly began to burn. I looked down and realised there was.. fire? Phoenix! I quickly darted away, forgetting I still had 2 after me. Phoenix shot me, and hit my left arm. I hastily aimed at him. I hit his body. Maybe 7 times. He was dead.

I took a second to breathe, and looked at my arm. The bullet had gone straight through. Again? I tore a bit of cloth of my outfit, and tightly wrapped it around the wound. That would have to do.

I focused on killing the last. He had a threatening presence. He always knew my next move, how? I saw a small red light. I looked towards it. A camera? So that's how he knew! I shot the camera, and it broke. 

"My camera is destroyed" I heard a distant voice say. Great. At least I knew his location. Isn't he that one agent who knows everything? Cyber or something.

I snuck towards the sound of his voice. I saw him from afar, he was also sneaking around. I aimed, and shot 2-3 times.

Shit. How did I miss? Well, I hit him, but no headshot as I wanted. One in his left leg, another in his right arm. Where did my aim go?

He turned and tried to shoot me. I strafed. I was about to shoot him, but I got a good idea. I ran towards him, dodging every bullet. I could see his confusion. Well, almost, he had a mask covering his face. I could sense it. When I got to him, I knocked any weapons from his hands, and aggressively pushed him up against a wall.

"Agh, hey! What was that for?" He said. He had a Moroccan accent.

I held my Ghost against the side of his head, so he wouldn't try anything.

"Say, you're that guy who knows everything, correct?" I pushed the Ghost more firmly into his head so he wouldn't lie. He gulped.

"Uh, yeah? Kinda.." He said, he tried to hide it, but he was scared. I could tell by his shakiness.

"Okay then. Tell me Omega Earth's plans" I demanded.

"What? No, why would I?" He said, confused.

"Hm, is that how it is? Then I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing your face" I smirked as I began to pull up his mask, still holding the Ghost firmly in my other hand.

"Wait, no!" I could hear the panic in his voice, "I can't afford that. I can't put anyone at risk. What... What do you wish to know?" He sighed, he sounded defeated.

"I just asked. Omega Earth's plans." He sighed again, and quietly began to explain.

"We... are planning a massive attack. Tons of agents, in a short amount of time. To steal radianite, all of it. Killjoy has discovered a new way to utilise radianite." His voice cracked slightly, pitiful.

"When exactly is this?"

"I can't say for sure.. Maybe a few months? I've given you all the information I know. Now let me go" He said.

"Really betrayed your own side? All to hide your face? Pathetic. Now run along before I change my mind" That was a massive bluff. I understand the hiding identity, and I'm certainly not letting him go, he'll only report this back. 

He began to run, and I lifted up my gun. I aimed it. Bang. A shot straight through the head. He collapsed onto the floor, and I laughed. Huh, what have I become?

I suddenly remembered all I had been told, and panicked. I sprinted home, and packed a small bag. I put in some clothes, any stuff I'd need. I expected to stay at Valorant HQ for a while. 

I took a deep breath. I knew this would be a difficult teleport. Across a battlefield was enough to make me aware, but across the world.. This would be a struggle.

I activated phantasm, and took another deep breath.

Fuck. This is gonna suck.