Chapter 6: Demon Slayer.

Start from the beginning

There were a few people who particularly stood out to you. A boy with yellow hair and a yellow haori, a girl wearing a pink kimono who seemed to be focused on a butterfly, and another boy with red hair and a blue haori. It was a fascinating sight, you felt intrigued and curious.

You kind of wanted to talk to them-

Actually nevermind. You'll probably come out creepy...

"Everyone."

Everyone fell silent as two identical children stepped into their sight. The one on the left had white hair, while the one on the right had black hair. Their gazes seemed to penetrate deep into your soul, making you feel a bit uncomfortable. But, at the same time, you couldn't help but be drawn in by their mysterious presence.

"We thank you for coming here, for the Final Selection." They both said in unison, the one with white hair began to say, "There are many demons trapped here in Fujikasane, they were captured by Demon Slayers swordmen, and are unable to leave."

You put your finger on your chin, deep in thought. 'How are they unable to leave?' You wondered, but before you could finish your thought, the black-haired child spoke up, "This is because of Wisteria, which demons hate so much, always blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." You felt a sudden wave of panic wash over me. How did this kid know what you were thinking? It was almost like they could read your mind!

The white-haired kid began speaking again, their voice monotone. "Although, there's no wisteria from this point on, so there's demons lurking around. You need to survive for seven days to pass the Final Selection. We wish you luck." Both of their smiles widened, making your spine shiver.

---

You started to run through the dark woods by myself, repeating the mantra 'Just survive 7 days... Come on! You can do it, Y/n!' to your in an attempt to bolster your courage. Suddenly, you stopped in your tracks as you saw a demon feasting on a person in the distance. You were filled with fear and your heart was pounding in your chest, but you knew you had to keep going if you wanted to survive the next seven days!

You went in to reach for your, as you look closely at the person, only for you to widen your eyes.

Their silver hair, was just like Sora's. Their blue eyes were wide open in horror as the demon began to feast on their guts, ripping them apart with a savage hunger. It was a gruesome sight, and one that filled you with disgust and revulsion.

Your rage only intensified as you looked upon the student, who had an uncanny resemblance to Sora. Memories of her flooded your mind, and your hair cast a shadow over your eyes.

You took out your spear and stayed calm, you then mutter a few words;

"Sakura breathing...Second Form, Sakura mark."

You whizzed past your foe, glancing back to spot a sakura petal logo on their forehead. The demon abruptly raised their head, seemingly unaware of anything besides you, and uttered with surprise, "Eh? What is this? A new flesh?"

The demon's sadistic grin sent chills down your spine as she wiped the blood from her face with her kimono's sleeves. "You have such a pretty face," she sneered, "I wanna cut it from your body and save it for later!" She lunged towards you, but you knew that with the sakura mark on her, she would be easier to defeat.

You quickly reacted and dodged her upcoming attack. You moved swiftly to the side, narrowly avoiding the attack. You were now in a better position to counterattack and take the advantage.

"Sakura breathing, third form, Cherry FLASH!"

You thrust your spear forward, its light pink hue piercing through the air and seemingly towards her body. Yet, instead of simply penetrating her, the spear began to twist and turn, you then started to cut upwards, slicing her in half.