JJ realized me, sitting on my ass and opened his window. I could see his face more clearly. The bruise that was made under his eye and wandered all the way towards his jawline. The cut from yesterday reopened. I ran towards his window once again, as he held two hands to help me in.

"Jayj-"

"You can't be here right now," he bickered, sitting me down on his bed.

"Well, I'm here, aren't I," I asked. "What did he do," I said, holding him close and stroking his bruise with my thumb.

"Nothing that hasn't happened before."

"JJ, it isn't right," I said, looking at him.

"Dyl, go."

"I'm not leaving, Blondie. I'm not leaving you," I answered. "Not when he's..." I mentioned his father, who was yelling at him. "Not when Luke's like that."

After a period, he spoke. "Dyl, you're in danger. Those... guys that chases us through the marsh, they were murdered-"

"Isn't that good? Now, I have 6% chance of being murdered-"

"More like 60! They were looking for the gold! Like you and your brother! You could be next!" He shouted, grabbing my shoulders. I shuddered, and thought what he just said through.

I could hear his dad yelling things, terrible things at him. He closed eyes, and I could tell he worried. I held my hands over his ears, hoping he couldn't hear. "Don't listen to him. Can't listen to him," I explained. His hands reached up, holding my arms. I pressed my forehead onto his, closing my eyes. I could feel as he took deep breaths under my care.

His blue eyes locked onto my hazel ones. "It's okay," I prompted.

He rubbed his thumbs on my forearm, holding tight.

-|-

I sat with him for 30 minutes, my head on his shoulder, till he insisted on getting me away.

"Go outside," he instructed. "No. Why?"

"I'll meet you out there," he answered. After a pause, I thought about it. Just when I was about to decline, he spoke. "Dyl, I'll be out there. Please, Princess."

"Okay," I said, leaving his grasp.

"I'll be out there soon."

-|-

I walked outside, pacing back and forth, waiting for J to get outside. I waited 10 minutes, still no JJ.

After waiting for a bit, I was impatient and walked inside. I looked around, until I found him facing his passed-out father, with a gun pointed at his head. I slowly made my way over to him, watching his lip quiver from his silhouette. Once I was close enough, I pressed my hand firmly onto his shoulder, making my way towards the gun.

His hand quivered, and I backed away for second, then I grabbed the gun, putting it down.

He stared at his dad, his eyes bloodshot. I turned him around facing me. I placed my hand on his cheek, then he turned and pulled me outside to his motorbike. I stopped him, holding him.

"J?" I said.

He turned and faced me. I ran my hands through his blonde hair, facing him. "You're lucky I don't storm in there right now and beat his ass," I muttered under my breath.

"Dylan, though I love your positivity, Princess, you're not going to."

I growled, as he pulled me onto his bike.

-|-

I sat with Sarah, upstairs in her room. She gave the me the dress to wear, and I just put it on. "I look like a Kook," I added, spinning in a circle. "Yeah, own it. Have fun looking like a Kook once in your life," she fought with me, and I smiled. I looked in the mirror, smiling.