Chapter Two: The Treacherous Desiver

The memory started at Potter Manor. July 31, 1985 showed up on the screen in large letters. An image of a young girl, no older than five dancing in her garden. Her black hair falling over her shoulder as she twirled, leaves from trees falling around her as she laughed.

"Lillian," Lily gasped, covering her mouth as James comforted her, rubbing her back. Marley looked at the screen, taking in her sister's happiness and beauty. It seemed silly to be jealous of her already.

"We'll get her back, Mum." Harry told her firmly.

Castor and Ron both sigh at the sight of their friend, Castor wishing he could hold his best friend one last time. He wished she was still here to tease him over his crush. So he could tease her.

 "Lils, where are you?" A young Potter boy called, causing her to gasp and hide behind a push as her brother walked over. Hearing a giggle Harry turned to his 'hiding' sister. "You need better hiding spots, Lils."

"I was in a rush." Lillian complained. "You didn't count long enough, go find Castor and Ron and tell them we're redoing it."

"She seems like a very straight minded and determined girl," Molly told Lily. "She would fit Ravenclaw perfectly."

Lily nodded along with her friend although Remus could see it only gave her more guilt, not being able for Lillian to go to Hogwarts herself.

"Fine Miss Bossy." Harry rolled his eyes. Lillian smiling in victory. Harry walked off muttering something about 'girls being girls' on his way to find Ron and Castor who he had assumed to be hiding under mountains of food.

"Oh goodie!" Lillian grinned, running as fast as her five year old legs could carry her out back where the families were. "Where to hide, where to hide." She kept muttering, looking anywhere for a place to hide. "I gotta find a good one, not in the bush or a tree. Too obvious."

Lillian kept muttering slowly to herself as she crept onward weaving in and out of the party guests her parents had invited. She didn't really know any of them, nor did Harry. She just remembered seeing her friends Ron Weasley, Castor Lupin-Black and that shy boy her mother had been friendly with, Neville Longbottom.

All of the said boys started blushing as the girls cue over how cute they were when they were younger.

It was really a matter of whether or not they were her age, most were not.

Focused on the task head on, Lillian had not even noticed that strange man who walked closer to her by the minute. Who walked closer out of the shadow, as she walked farther away from her party guests. And away from her family. Lillian fell backward, furrowing her eyebrows and glaring at the ground. Her bottom hurt. She lifted her head and squinted against the sun to see an older man standing in front of her, a twinkle in his eye.

"Dumbledore?" The whole hall questioned wildly. Lily and James looked at each other in confusion, no one saw him at the party. Alastor Moody grunting as he noticed the confused looks of those at the party's expressions. He himself never saw the old professor there either.

"What were you doing there?" Sirius asked loudly, "You told us you were too busy to attend."

Dumbledore paled even more, resembling a ghost, taking Regulus Black by surprise as he told Amelia Bones about it. Her eyes narrowed.

He chuckled light heartedly and offered the girl a hand which she grabbed by his fingers, pulling herself up with the help.

"Hello, Dear girl." He smiled. Lillian gasped at him, smiling widely in awe. "Happy birthday, young one."