(requested) hanni › call me maybe (pt. two)

Comincia dall'inizio

With slight uncertainty in your voice, you gave her a response, that sounded more like a question. "O...kay?"

With that, you stood from your seat next to Danielle, whose eyes followed you, and you made your way down the short hallway and to Hanni's room.

Your knuckles gently wrapped against the door, and you waited a few moments until she opened the door. When she did, you examined her appearance. She seemed on edge and almost timid, which was very unusual to you. Her eyes appeared to be red, which immediately gave away that she must've been in the midst of crying before you knocked.

Concern flashed in your eyes. "Hanni... What's wrong?" You asked as she opened the door wider for you to come in. She closed the door after you, and then the two of you sat down on her bed.

She stared down at her fingers, shyly avoiding your gaze. You sighed softly and stood up. You moved to stand in front of her, and then used your fingers to tilt her head up, which is when you proceeded to cup her cheeks. You had to stop yourself from blushing profusely due to your own actions, but you blinked and tried your best to push the feeling away and focus on her.

"Please tell me what's wrong." You murmured, shyly looking into her eyes. Even though the two of you are really close, the way she was looking at you caused an explosion of butterflies-a frenzy, really-in the pit of your stomach. Now was not the time, though.

Hanni sighed and lifted her hands up to gently remove yours from her face. She let your hands drop, but continued to hold them in her own. You enjoyed the warmth of her hands over yours. It felt safe, like home.

"Nothing's wrong, Y/N, I just... I'm feeling a way I'm not supposed to." She admitted. Her voice seemed hesitant.

Your heartbeat sped up. What could she possibly be feeling? Could it be that... she likes you back? "What- What are you feeling?" You asked curiously, absentmindedly stroking the back of her hand with your thumb.

She bit her lip as she looked back up at you, a certain glint in her eyes that you just couldn't decipher.

"I- I l-love someone." She admitted quietly. Your breath hitched as hope filled your heart, practically digging up the feelings for her that you thought you could keep down. "Someone close to me that I see often. I'm so head over heels for her, but she's too blind to see that I do. I want... I want to be able to hold her, kiss her, show her off-I want to do all of that. But... I think she likes Danielle." She finished, looking down solemnly.

You bit your lip as tears pricked your eyes. But you blinked them away. Of course she doesn't like you. You scolded yourself. It was obvious who she liked. There was only one person who you could think of that likes Danielle in the way that Hanni is speaking of. Haerin. It all makes sense. The way Hanni cometimes clings to the younger, the loving smiles the elder sent her way, the way she's always the first one by her side. It all was starting to make sense in your mind. It was always Haerin. Never you. Deep down, you knew you never had a chance, which is one of the many reasons that you pushed your feelings away and buried them deep in your heart.

Carefully, you pulled your hands out of her grasp. You looked down at her with hurt in your eyes. You didn't even bother to hide it. What was the point?

She looked up at you quickly, her eyes frantically meeting yours in the dim room. Her eyes widened at the sight of your tears, which had begun to stream down your face, leaving trails of heartbreak on your cheeks. Her heart broke.

"Y/N- Why are you crying? Was it something I said?" She asked, immediately reaching out to grab ahold of your hands. But you moved them far out of her reach, ignoring the pain you felt in your heart when you saw the look on her face caused by your actions. She slowly dropped her hands into her lap.