20.

"while others have an addiction to sex, drugs, and alcohol. my one and only addiction is you and you alone." v.r

There wasn't much to say. All day Louis has been in the most spectacular mood. He was currently chilling in the garden. He had his feet kicked up on the bench admiring all things dead.

The moaning and groaning of the souls were soft, hardly none making a thunder of noises. It was nice out, Louis thought. Man, he declared himself ruler of cloud nine, already. His small smile never even thought once about leaving his lips.

He scratched his light stubble over his jaw and hummed while his eyes were closed. This was it.

This was the moment when Louis Tomlinson, Son of Hades fell, almost literally - given her beauty - for Zariah, The Daughter of Aphrodite.

How was that even possible?

As if this wasn't expressed enough, the Son of Hades!

Falling head over heels for a girl? If someone were to know this, Louis would think they would laugh. Truth be told, he's probably right. A so called 'evil' God softening his jagged edges just because of a Goddess? Preposterous. Out of the question.

But it was the truth.

He was falling deeper and deeper in love with the shining soul and crystal eyes. The soul that is really passionate about nature. The soul that continues to love when they have been hurt.

The soul that forgives the unforgivable.

++++

There was a comfortable swirling in her stomach. While she lie on her bed, her eyes on the ceiling, she felt like she was falling.

The wind bowling through her hair. The loveliness of the fall. She loved it.

She loved him.

She knew, from the moment in the forest where he declared his love for her she just knew, she had always felt the same.

++++

"Louis, darling, are you feeling alright?" His mother asked him peeking her head out of the back door. Louis shot his eyes up in shock.

"Mother! You frightened me." He muttered, putting down his feet then nodded. "I'm fine." He said. "Great, actually." He smiled softly towards her.

Persephone rose a brow with a light smile on her face. "Are you now?" He nodded again. She gracefully walked till she was standing in front of him. "Let's take a short walk, Son." And so they did.

As they were walking, it was quiet. Louis' eyes dragged on the gravel with - more or less - sand than dirt. "Is everything okay?" He broke the silence which was kind of eating him alive.

Persephone nodded swiftly. "Oh of course, dear, of course. Just wanted to spend a little alone time with you. How have you and Zariah been doing?"

The question kinda caught him off guard but it didn't at the same time. How would his mother even know anything about Zariah and him? Maybe she was still suspicious of when she came over in the past. Louis knew this question was coming but he just didn't know when. As if time mattered in Olympus anyways.

"We're doing great, mind you." Louis said softly. An image of a smiling Zariah popping into his head. Ugh, Louis whined silently, he want to kiss her badly!

"Good, good." She seemed off about something. Like her voice wasn't close.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

She shrugged. "I-I." She took in a breath. "I just don't want you to get hurt, either of you. Zariah seems really lovely. I just, just don't make no wrong turns, okay?" Was she pleading? It sure did sound like it. Did she know what happened between the two of them? He sure hoped not.

But for the sake of his Mother, he nodded. "I promise, Mother."

++++

"May I come in?" A deep voice sounded outside of Zariah's door.

"Yes!" She yelled across the room. She would have walked over and opened it but she was in the middle of making sure Iris was all taken care of.

The door open then closed. Zariah knew it was her father. "What's up?" Zariah laughed at the question, he sounded...bored.

"Nothing much, Father." She spoke putting the little bowl of water in her large-enough cage. The shutting the door. "Just putting Iris back." She tuned around and smiled softly. Her father was sat down on a chair with his leg crossed over the other. "What's up with you?" She asked.

He shrugged. "Nothing, your mother is in bed and I figured I'd drop by since, you know, we don't talk much and that kind of upsets me."

Zariah frowns. "I-I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "No-no! It's not your fault it's mine. I'm the adult and I should spark the conversation. I just want to know how you've been you know? I would like to check in on my daughter once in awhile."

She smiled and hugged her Father. "Well thank you." She started. "Things have been good. Haven't really been doing that much besides cleaning my room and helping Mother around the Palace."

It was true. She really wasn't doing much of anything. She was just waiting on a question on Zayn. Where is it?

"How's Zayn?"

There it was.

"Good. He's good." Zayn's been doing great actually. He's always in a happy mood and he's been treating Zariah quite nicely.

But even though Zayn was her friend and soon-to-be husband the whole thing still bothered her. It was a mess. It really was. So to lighten her now dull mood, she thought of Louis.

How beautiful his smile is. How soft his lips are. How his voice goes deep when he's sleepy. Goodness he was everything Zariah wanted and now she has him. And he has her.

Two completely different people pulled together by an unknown force.

Was it love? Was it fate? Was it really meant to be?

Hopefully.

(SO SORRY IT TOOK ME FOREVER YOU GUYS. I JUST HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE MOOD TO WRITE BUT I KNEW I HAD TO GET THIS DONE. I PROMISE THAT THIS WILL BE THE LAST CRAPPY CHAPTER YOU EVER READ OF MINE LMAO. DUECUS & THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! - Victoria ( aka @inflouence ))