16.

"In the times of fire and water, neither seem to win, but come to a reasonable agreement." - v.r

"Can you tell me what you're making now?" Zariah pleaded as her and Zayn walked to the elegant - and not to mention - expensive Triste Actu Ma, one of Olympus's 'everything in one' store. Zayn chuckled with a smirk and shook his head opening up the glass door for Zariah to enter. She sighed but entered anyway. She hadn't a reason or idea what Zayn was going to make. Curiosity made her this way. She was having a good time with Zayn so far, so that's always a good sign.

"This way, love." Zayn smiled holding out his hand in the correct direction. Zariah nodded and followed Zayn since he knew what and where he was going to. "Okay..." Zayn murmured analyzing the ingredients, for whatever meal he was going to prepare. Zariah hummed lightly as herself included was looking at all the different brands of wine. Her fingertips brushed against the labels and her mind was off in some other realm.

Not paying attention - until suddenly - she felt a cool hand on hers. Gasping she snatched her hand away and her eyes met another pair of pure ocean blue eyes. Not to mention she knew the stranger, too, Louis. Smiling she exclaimed, "Louis!"

Louis stood in front of Zariah with his own smile - it looked different to Zariah like it was more sincere than anything. Louis was about to open his mouth to greet her but he shut it immediately and his eyes went dull. Zariah felt another presence behind her and sure enough arm arm wrapped around her waist.

"Ah, Louis Tomlinson, Son of Hades, what a pleasant surprise!" Zayn smirked holding Zariah as close as possible to him. Zariah felt really uncomfortable and she tried to loosen Zayn's grasp on her but she gave up when she understood he wouldn't budge. Louis' eyes grew dark. Zariah noticed this and felt worried.
The tension was eating her alive. She felt it, sensed it, she knew there was something going on, but what? She didn't know that answer. "Same goes to you." Louis said, his voice strong - his smile tight.

"Fancy seeing you here, yeah? By whom do I owe the pleasure?" Zayn said in a sickly sweet voice that made the Prince of the underworld want to lather his body in scolding hot water grab a whip and -

"Louis? Louis are you okay?" Zariah asked, confusion in her eyes.

"What?" Louis asked perplexed.

"You're shaking." She stated. Indeed he was, too. Louis felt his body tense up. Yeah, all the ideas of what he could do to Zayn made him darken. Thoughts and all. "Will you be okay?"

"Of course." Louis nodded. Zariah smiled at him and Louis felt his stomach doing flips. He smiled back. As the two were doing so, Zayn cleared his throat.

"Tomlinson," Zayn spoke, his voice gruff. Louis' eyes shot up to Zayn's. He raised an eyebrow to show that he was listening. "Would you like to accompany Zariah and me on a short walk?"

The question made Zariah gasped. She twirled around and said, "Zayn!" She spoke in a whisper - yell. "Don't be rude!"

Louis thought this over for a quick second. 'If I do decide to accompany them, for only a short while, this means more time with Zariah. But there will also be the chance of Zayn getting under my skin... fuck it!'

"No." Louis interrupted softly. "I'd be more than delighted." He sent them a small tight smile. Zayn smirked at this.

"Fantastic! I'll just go pay for this and we'll be on our way!" Zayn shook his head mischievously.

Zariah glanced at Louis. "You really don't have to, Louis." She encountered. "Don't feel the need to just because Zayn asked."

"I know, but at least I get to spend some time with you." Louis said unknowingly. He didn't realize what he said made Zariah suck in a breath of air. Her palms became clammy and she bit the inside of her cheek.